Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 Humidifier Settings For Comfort
Resmed Airsense 10 Humidifier Settings For Comfort
Hi,
I recently switched to a Resmed Airfit F20 full face mask, and trying to manage leaks, I'm a mouth breather and get dry mouth and nasal congestion and have dry sinuses and use nasal gel before bed.
I tried using all Auto settings for Ramp, Climate Control and Tube Temp on my Airsense CPAP machine, and still get dry month and congestion and not comfortable.
I tried manual climate control a setting of 80F and humidity level of 5, still get dry mouth and nasal congestion.
Should I leave it at Auto or increase my tube temp to be more comfortable?
I'm getting to a point that I'm hating my CPAP therapy, I get an avg of about 5-6 hrs a night, but I do take off my mask sub-consciously in my sleep being uncomfortable.
I sleep about 2 hrs without my CPAP mask on, its affecting my CPAP therapy and I'm anxious about this..
I have to be patient I guess...my dry sinuses could be a cause, I guess I'll continue using nasal gel a couple of times a day.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Humidifier Settings For Comfort
I did not have much luck with auto climate and got rainout with it. At the moment I have my machine set at 82'F and Humidity set at 4 and it seems to be using approx 2/3 a tank of distilled water a night per session from 6-7 hrs sleep time. No rain out and it is not perfect but it will work. Atmosphere humidity now locally is 65% and it will drop this winter when the river freeze's the Atmospheric humidity drops to 30-35% range at -30 to -40' C. I will increase humidity to 5 and climate hose temp 84'F. In winter months you might want to have a hose cover over the climate hose to prevent Rain out in Canadian climate.
Done tinkering with it, I'm not sure how to get it perfect- I'm just going be happy with this setting. Rain out to me is worse with my mask than a little short of a perfect humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
can you learn to breathe through your nose?   Are you a mouth breather from necessity or habit?
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Cpapian, I can breathe through my nose, but
Post Reply Post Reply
I get nasal congestion and dry sinuses, as for mouth breathing, I think my jaw drops while I'm sleeping...not as a habit..as per my severe sleep apnea diagnosed in 2009.
Post Reply Post Reply
So you can work on your breathing/clearing your sinuses or you could get a chin strap, cervical collar or mouth tape.  The red pill or the blue .....
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,708 9 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,579 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,758 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,170 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.