Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 Question
Resmed Airsense 10 Question
I use a Resmed Airsense 10 machine and 90 to 95% of the time it works great.  My ramp up pressure is set to 6.  However, once in a while when I first turn on the machine, or when I'm up at night for a bathroom break and return to turn on the machine again, there is a problem.  At these random times the machine does not seem to ramp up properly and I struggle to breathe.  I've tried turning the machine off and back on again, unhooking the air hose and re-coupling it, but the only thing that works 100% of the time is to simply turn off the machine and wait for 45 minutes to an hour.  When I turn it back on, it ramps up fine and I can breathe in and out easily.  Anyone else have this experience and have a better solution ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Question
With a min pressure if 6 I'd suggest turning the ramp off

Download OSCAR and post your daily screenshot and we can provide more specific suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been considering asking for the minimum ramp pressure be increased to 7.  But before I request that I'll see if I can just turn the ramp off as you suggest and see if that works.
Thank you ! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked on downloading and installing Oscar, but looks like it requires Mac OS 10.12+ and I'm pretty much stuck at OS 10.11 at present.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use this simple tutorial to learn how to access settings https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Once in the settings, turn the control knob to scroll down to the comfort section where you will find Ramp. You can select ramp by pushing in the control knob, then simply turn it off and select. You can then scroll back to the top and select exit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'll turn off the ramp and see how things go tonight. Many thanks !
Post Reply Post Reply
Will the current Oscar work with Mac OS X 10.11.6  ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, no.   OSCAR uses At 5.12 and dropped support of 10.11 in favor of supporting 10.14.  Here is a link describing this.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid297358
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2021, 03:52 PM)cpapedj Wrote: However, once in a while when I first turn on the machine, or when I'm up at night for a bathroom break and return to turn on the machine again, there is a problem.  At these random times the machine does not seem to ramp up properly and I struggle to breathe.  I've tried turning the machine off and back on again, unhooking the air hose and re-coupling it, but the only thing that works 100% of the time is to simply turn off the machine and wait for 45 minutes to an hour. 

When you first turn on the machine does the display show the pressure? If so, you can verify if the machine's pressure setting matches what it's supposed to be.

But I doubt anything is wrong with the machine. Before the bathroom break you have adapted to the pressure. Turn off the machine for that bathroom break and when you turn it back on it's now at the lower pressure, waiting to ramp up. You are not used to that lower pressure and you feel starved for air. If you turn the machine off for 45 minutes you adapt to normal atmospheric pressure. Now when you turn on the machine that starting pressure feels high enough.

The ramp feature is really for beginners. Most people report here that they don't use it. As others have advised, try turning it off.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2021, 12:21 PM)cpapedj Wrote: I checked on downloading and installing Oscar, but looks like it requires Mac OS 10.12+ and I'm pretty much stuck at OS 10.11 at present.

Do you have an older machine around? If so, you could do a Linux install on it and then install OSCAR on that machine. If you need help with that process start a new thread in the software support forum. You'll get better and faster responses that way.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,744 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,608 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,774 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.