Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 Settings
Resmed Airsense 10 Settings
So i have been using this new machine now for about a month. The pressures I see are a lot higher than with my old machine respironics M auto-Cpap (~6-9 vs 11-13) I also had lots of problems waking up with very dry mouth and stats showed large air leaks. So I bought a chin strap but I was still waking up in middle of the night due to severe dry mouth and still large leaks .... using new Air Fit for her which fits fine and feels good.

So i started doing research and the suggestion was to try a hybrid mask. But then I decided to see what would happen if i dropped the pressure. So I changed the max cap on my machine to 9 then 8 instead of 20. I strapped on my oximeter to make sure that I was not desaturating because of the change. And lo and behold, now i was not having all the dry mouth problems, and my leak factor went down. My AI was 0 and my 02 SAT's remained constant. So I'm not sure how the auto of this machine works but it did NOT work for me. i do like the good humidification i get with the machine though but i'm not gonna go with the fully auto anymore.

PS ... I'm so glad this site gave me the info so that I could get access to the clinician's menu to get access to the controls. I think being in control over my therapy is a lot better than having to depend on scheduled apts and trips to a md all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10
(12-03-2014, 05:43 PM)Lali808 Wrote: So i have been using this new machine now for about a month. The pressures I see are a lot higher than with my old machine respironics M auto-Cpap (~6-9 vs 11-13) I also had lots of problems waking up with very dry mouth and stats showed large air leaks. So I bought a chin strap but I was still waking up in middle of the night due to severe dry mouth and still large leaks .... using new Air Fit for her which fits fine and feels good.

So i started doing research and the suggestion was to try a hybrid mask. But then I decided to see what would happen if i dropped the pressure. So I changed the max cap on my machine to 9 then 8 instead of 20. I strapped on my oximeter to make sure that I was not desaturating because of the change. And lo and behold, now i was not having all the dry mouth problems, and my leak factor went down. My AI was 0 and my 02 SAT's remained constant. So I'm not sure how the auto of this machine works but it did NOT work for me. i do like the good humidification i get with the machine though but i'm not gonna go with the fully auto anymore.

PS ... I'm so glad this site gave me the info so that I could get access to the clinician's menu to get access to the controls. I think being in control over my therapy is a lot better than having to depend on scheduled apts and trips to a md all the time.
Hi Lali808,
It's great to hear that you have taken your therapy into your own hands.
Keep up the good work and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Wide-open auto isn't good anyway.

Keep an eye on your data and make sure that the pressure you have now is good for you. You want the max number to be a point or two higher than your 95% pressure and the minimum to be about where the median pressure is.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2014, 05:43 PM)Lali808 Wrote: But then I decided to see what would happen if i dropped the pressure. So I changed the max cap on my machine to 9 then 8 instead of 20. I strapped on my oximeter to make sure that I was not desaturating because of the change. And lo and behold, now i was not having all the dry mouth problems, and my leak factor went down. My AI was 0 and my 02 SAT's remained constant. So I'm not sure how the auto of this machine works but it did NOT work for me. i do like the good humidification i get with the machine though but i'm not gonna go with the fully auto anymore.

Hi Lali808,

I take it you are using the standard AutoSet therapy mode rather than the new AutoSet For Her therapy mode?

The A10 AutoSet For Her model is more versatile than the standard A10 AutoSet model.

The A10 AutoSet For Her has three therapy modes to choose from: fixed pressure CAP therapy mode, standard AutoSet therapy mode, and the more gentle AutoSet For Her therapy mode. Three machines in one.

I wish the standard A10 AutoSet model would also allow selection of the more gentle AutoSet For Her therapy mode, but it doesn't. (Major mess-up on ResMed's part, in my view.)

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up some filters for my A10FH and realize they are disposable and also a "multi" filter with coarse filter on one side and a finer mesh for smaller particulates on the other. My question is: Should the more coarse side face out or in?. I'm guessing the coarse side should face "out", but I would prefer to be sure.

Can anyone answer this for me?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
The coarse side should face out based on my general knowledge of filters.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2014, 12:13 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The coarse side should face out based on my general knowledge of filters.

Thanks PaytonA,

I watched the vendor show me the air filter when I got the device (duh) but didn't see its position when he took it out of the machine.

"JC"
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
Unlike PRS1 uses coarse filter and fine filter, S9 and A10 uses only one filter at a time
You can use either standard filter or hypoallergenic (not the two together) and both sides of the filter are identical

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2014, 03:13 PM)zonk Wrote: Unlike PRS1 uses coarse filter and fine filter, S9 and A10 uses only one filter at a time
You can use either standard filter or hypoallergenic (not the two together) and both sides of the filter are identical

Hi Zonk,

I would not argue this point were it not for the fact that the filter that came with the machine AND the generic replacements from the DME have a coarse side and a smooth side. I can feel the difference with my fingers and see it with my eyes. The box for the machine was open and had been setup for me but I don't think they changed the filter out.

They are the disposable type filters. The generics are identical to the factory filter that came in the machine. The generic is AG inds. AG36851.

"JC"
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2014, 03:34 PM)jctampa Wrote: I would not argue this point were it not for the fact that the filter that came with the machine AND the generic replacements from the DME have a coarse side and a smooth side. I can feel the difference with my fingers and see it with my eyes. The box for the machine was open and had been setup for me but I don't think they changed the filter out.

They are the disposable type filters. The generics are identical to the factory filter that came in the machine. The generic is AG inds. AG36851.

I believe the S9 and S10 use the same ResMed disposable filters.

The generic replacements are usually constructed slightly differently but are supposed to provide equivalent performance.

My ResMed Hypoallergenic filters are in sealed bag marked as manufactured by ResMed in the United Kingdom, and to me look the same on both sides.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 58 2 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,434 9 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,978 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 133 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,991 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 135 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 133 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.