Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 Using Full Water Tank Every Night
I have an Airsense 10. My hose and humidifier setting are set to auto. Depending on the environmental temperature and humidity, I use about 3/4 of a tank each night. On the rare mornings I sleep very late, it is almost empty. I like a lot of humidity in my breathing air.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Mine dose the same as foss.
Post Reply Post Reply
With my ResMed ASV, humidifier on Manual 8/8, heated hose on 86°F. I use about 3/4 tank of water overnight.

BTW My setting of 86° F means that the hose is heated to 86 in order to keep the humid air inside the hose from losing its moisture AKA condensation.

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
I set it to 6 and I use 3/4 a tank most nights, fully more on the night my mask decided to part company.  One of the straps decided it didn't want to hold any more and few off, I didn't notice for quite a while.  But it did use a lot more water with the leak.
My old machine, I was on a lot higher a pressure, but I often had small leaks, it would use a whole pint of water if I had a leak before morning, it took 4 to 5 hrs to empty it.  It I had no leaks that night (which I have to say was a rear event) it would only use half the water for the whole night, otherwise, if I had a leak I would have to refill it before going back to sleep for a couple of hours.
So that shows just how a leak will affect the water usage, on lower pressures it will have a lesser effect.
But leaks do use extra water.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto CPAP Optimization Guide? ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Ron AKA 11 177 50 minutes ago
Last Post: Ron AKA
  ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her pollyottis 21 826 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: AC Hunter
  How to adjust the full mask usage luckydxx 15 265 Yesterday, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Peru Travel w/ Resmed AirSense 10 jbmnj 5 149 03-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: jbmnj
  [CPAP] F&P SleepStyle SPSAAN vs Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet Ron AKA 7 136 03-22-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station Weird Tolkienish Figure 135 54,072 03-21-2018, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Clarke
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 78 25,027 03-20-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2