Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 and Sleepyhead
Resmed Airsense 10 and Sleepyhead
I was on a trial machine and was able to use Sleepyhead just fine.

Now I have an ResMed Airsense 10. I create a new profile in Sleepyhead and imported the data, same as before, but Sleepyhead is showing an AHI of 0 (the machine itself said 8), and I get the screen attached.

Any ideas? As far as I understand, my machine is supported by Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 and Sleepyhead
If you got the lowest version of the AirSense 10, it doesn't record detail data. That is why it says "BRICK" over on the left side.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll check my version, but if it won't work, is there anything I can use? The link to the ResScan is dead right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ask for the Airsense 10 Autoset or Elite. The CPAP version is a cheap POS that will only provide fixed CPAP pressure. This means if anything is not right, you are dependent on another sleep study to fix it. Had you joined the forum before you accepted this machine, you would have walked in with that knowledge. What is the name of your provider. Always helps to know who to avoid.

If you refuse to use that machine and return it, the DME will not receive reimbursement. Insist on a machine that provides efficacy data. Call you insurance company and complain, and ask for other suppliers in-network.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Damnit. The one I have does say CPAP on the front, so that's probably it. They (MediGas) told me it was the "Cadillac" of CPAP machines.

I am able to change the air pressure, so I'm assuming that's not what you mean by fixed air pressure?

If I call the supplier, is there likely any way I can argue for a different machine?

Edit: Sorry, missed your bottom sentence. I'm in Canada, so I didn't have to provide an insurance company. It's, I suppose, part of our normal healthcare coverage.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry if I'm over-posting.

I've tried searching the forum, but I can't find a lot of different complaints regarding the Airsense 10 CPAP. I'm trying to get a handle on what my complain(s) can be when I call my supplier. Simply saying it doesn't produce the data I'm looking for doesn't seem likely to be sufficient to be offered a different machine. Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
When we say your CPAP is "fixed pressure", it simply means the therapy pressure is fixed in settings, and the machine does not auto-adjust. In Canada, it can be a bit harder to get the "Caddilac" machine, which would be the Autoset. That is an auto-adjusting machine that uses sensors to detect breathing changes that indicate impending obstruction or flow limitation. The machine automatically increases and decreases pressure according to those sensors.

In addition to your CPAP model, which does not provide data, there is an Airsense 10 Elite. This is also a fixed CPAP, but provides data. The overall cost difference is about $50. The reason the Elite is much better than CPAP is, for an engaged patient, it can be very reinforcing to see the effectiveness of treatment in the data produced by the machine.

What MediGas did was issue the cheapest machine possible, and pocketed the difference between that and the Elite. The CPAP does meet the requirements of providing pressure according to your prescription, but what it lacks is patient feedback. That can be an important incentive for compliance, and can avoid future sleep studies by showing changes in the effectiveness of your therapy that naturally occur when you gain or lose weight, are sick or well or even change sleep position. When something doesn't "feel right", you won't know why, and that is the purpose of data. It lets you see an increase in obstructive apnea, hypopnea, snoring, etc and make an informed decision how to deal with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My prescribed CPAP was the same brick.

I found an Autosense for Her online by a private seller (estate was selling; intended owner passes away).

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
So, it seems I have a brick--Airsense 10 CPAP. I am getting a machine reading of 8.4 AHI.  Can anyone advise about next steps in self treatment? Should I move up or down?  I know I should not move more than .25 at a time.  Currently the machine is set to low pressure of 4 and a high pressure of 9. I am guessing I should move up. Any advise?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 71 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset help Pawpri 3 236 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,411 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 523 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet 39517 (22231480293) human 4 757 11-05-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Resmed Airsense 11 AutoSet model 39520 Pixel Ninja 6 1,529 06-23-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Pixel Ninja
  ResMed AirSense 10 Time as shown in OSCAR BruQu 12 1,637 10-15-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.