Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14
The AirSense 10 models are now available on DME websites... as an example, Supplier #1 on our Supplier List is currently offering them for the following prices:

AirSense 10 AutoSet-- $883
AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her-- $883
AirSense 10 Elite-- $808
AirSense 10 CPAP-- $758

Also a reminder if you need a copy of the Clinician Manual for the above machines, we now have them - simply follow the directions in Section Three of this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Smile

Given the fact that these new "S10" models come with headed humidifiers integrated into the machine, these price-points seem lower than the previous S9 models, if one needed both the machine and humidifier together. Previously, the S9 AutoSet was priced at $853 retail, plus $159 for a separate heated humidifier, for a total of $1012 for the package. So at $883 for both on these new AirSense 10 AutoSet models, that's an overall price reduction of $129. Even if you purchase an S9 AutoSet with the humidifier now (at the reduced price of $724 + $159 for the humidifier) that's still $883 for the S9 units.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, "pink" is the new "black!"

And the Autoset is cheaper than any of the others?

How odd. But if that holds true in pricing from Resmed to the DME world, and on to Medicare, etc, the tendency to give everyone a "brick" should reverse nicely.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2014, 11:30 AM)retired_guy Wrote: And the Autoset is cheaper than any of the others?

It's not.. I made a mistake and edited my post, corrected the prices. Sorry. Unsure
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
As Vaughn said you very often, usually, have to fight for what you want.
The DME gets paid the same weather he delivers the cheapest out of date brick or the latest greatest equipment available. What do you think they will choose to deliver? If you aren't sure just ask their accountant.

If you don't stand up and fight for what YOU want noone will.

You should also verify the equipment they give you is actually what they say they are giving you. When I got my current ASV machine, my prescription specified the TS option heate hose humidifier. They had my machine set up ready for me with the standard, no heated hose option. I complained. they made excuses, it doesen't exist, they don't have it in stock, pigs can fly.
I stood my ground and left with what I wanted.

Remeber, if it is midnight and a DME tells you it is dark outside, go check yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2014, 12:49 PM)bwexler Wrote: Remeber, if it is midnight and a DME tells you it is dark outside, go check yourself.

My puppies do that and they don't even have a DME.

But life is much better now. From now on when a doc writes a prescription for a machine all he needs to say is provide patient the Pink one.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2014, 06:39 PM)Blowerhead Wrote: I'm supposed to get my machine next Tuesday and have never had one before. I had settled on the Respironics DS560TS and had the doctor write that on the order. Unfortunately she wrote that it was MY request. I'm sure the DME and the insurance company don't give a hoot about what I think. After talking to the DME, it sounds like they are going to only give me a straight cpap (not the auto that the 560 is) since the doc only prescribed a single pressure. I'm not sure about the S10, but I'd be willing to be an early adopter. I always like playing around with the cutting edge stuff.
Has anyone dealt with Johns Hopkins Pharmaquip? Are they cooperative about supplying the latest and greatest equipment? I know what I want, but I don't want to start off this cpap journey having to fight to get it.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Do !!!NOT!!! get screwed with a dataless "brick" CPAP machine that doesn't collect useful therapy data. In particular, avoid any S9 ESCAPE or PRS1 PLUS, SE, or DS160 model.

Many DME's will lie to you and tell you these machines collect data, but all it collects is on/off times. They'll even show you the SD card.

Read the links in my signature line for hints on how to not get screwed by the DME.

Remember, if it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

The Auto machien is always the right choice, but the fully data capable manual machines will still give you pretty good therapy with some extra effort on your part.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2014, 11:22 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: AirSense 10 AutoSet-- $883
Same price but for "Her" version does everything for "Him" does and more
3 machines in one ... more bang for your bucks

The machine comes with standard water tank, cleanable tank (dishwasher safe) and ClimateLine are optional extra

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2014, 11:22 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: The AirSense 10 models are now available on DME websites... as an example, Supplier #1 on our Supplier List is currently offering them for the following prices:

AirSense 10 AutoSet-- $883
AirSense 10 Elite-- $808
AirSense 10 CPAP-- $758

Quick! Someone go buy one of each and test them out to figure out all our questions. Or ship them to me so that you don't have to bother with all the work to test them out. I'll send the data to jedimark to update SleepyHead. I'm really good at testing new stuff and finding the bugs.

I note that the 4her is the same price as the AutoSet model. If I understand correctly, the 4her also does all the modes the AutoSet does, so it's probably a good idea to get the 4her if you have a choice.

BTW, Supplier #1 has a really good set of pictures of the new machines. The picture of the hose fitting into the back of the machine is particularly interesting. I'm not quite sure I understand how the right angle bit works.

Right now, the info is only on the "new machines" page, not in the regular listings. Click on "CPAP machines" then "new machines."
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2014, 04:16 PM)archangle Wrote: VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Do !!!NOT!!! get screwed with a dataless "brick" CPAP machine that doesn't collect useful therapy data. In particular, avoid any S9 ESCAPE or PRS1 PLUS, SE, or DS160 model.

Many DME's will lie to you and tell you these machines collect data, but all it collects is on/off times. They'll even show you the SD card.

Read the links in my signature line for hints on how to not get screwed by the DME.

Remember, if it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

The Auto machien is always the right choice, but the fully data capable manual machines will still give you pretty good therapy with some extra effort on your part.

I will not get screwed with a subpar machine. With all the info I've read here and other boards I feel pretty well informed.

I found another DME that dispenses only the S9 Autoset to their patients. I may have the order sent to them and tell them to call me when my Airsense 10 is ready. Today they told me it would be a few weeks before they "certified" on the new machines and couldn't dispense them until they had. Kinda frustrating when I could have ordered one online today and had it by Wednesday.
I've been trying to get this done since May, so I guess a few more weeks won't hurt me too much.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just got an email from Supplier #13 - Australian launch date is Monday the 25th.

Here it is!
Probably the biggest CPAP machine launch in years, and the stockmarket analysts expect it to increase Resmed's CPAP machine sales by 30 to 50%. This offer is not on our website - you need to call us at 1300 692727 or email. This offer is also time and supply limited.

Prices in Australian dollars:

AirSense 10 Autoset APAP machines package.
new AirSense 10 APAP (Standard or for Her model),
integrated Humidair humidifier,
ClimateLine heated tube,
a 5 year warranty,
and as a bonus: any mask we carry.
That's everything you need for $2295.

AirSense 10 Elite fixed pressure machine package.
new AirSense 10 Elite CPAP machine,
integrated Humidair humidifier,
ClimateLine heated tube,
a 5 year warranty
& your choice of any mask we carry.
Everything you need for $1595.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,592 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.