Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14
Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14
I was just diagnosed a month ago and have done a lot of reading here lately. Found this a few minutes ago:

AirSense™ 10 Series: ResMed's new series of continuous and automatic positive airway pressure devices (CPAP and APAP) called AirSense 10 that have advanced data and communications features to streamline the set-up, compliance management and compliance monitoring processes. This brand new device platform is also intuitive and easy-to-use, and offers a smaller bedside footprint.

And this:

ApneaLink Air and AirFit masks are available now in the U.S. and other select markets. The AirSense 10 and AirView will be available in the U.S. and Australia on Aug. 18, and other markets later this calendar year. The AirCurve 10 Series and myAir will also be available later this calendar year.

I tried to post links, but being my first post I'm not allowed. If you Google "Resmed Airsense" you'll find them quickly enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14
Hi Blowerhead,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Very interesting, thanks for the info.
Best of luck to you as you start CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: xAirSense10_AutoSet_for_Her.jpg.CROP.thu...WgSnVC.jpg]
ResMed new female-specific algorithm (fAPAP)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ithm-fAPAP

[Image: xAirSense10_AutoSet.jpg.CROP.thumbnail.2...ny50Y9.jpg]
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/commercial-p...vices.html

User manuals downloads
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-p...loads.html

Now all we need is the clinical manuals Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Respiratory Effort-Related Arousal (RERA) reporting is a feature within the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her that logs and stores effort-related sleep disturbances. The therapy device detects indications of arousals, which are reported through AirView. As part of the new AutoSet for Her algorithm, the feature provides additional clinical insight by identifying indications of arousals which are often related to short events

Advanced event detection
The AirSense 10 AutoSet differentiates between obstructive and central apneas and can also detect Cheyne-Stokes respiration,

AutoRamp
AutoRamp with sleep onset detection delivers a low pressure to help patients fall asleep with ease. Once the patient is asleep, it comfortably ramps up the pressure to ensure the prescribed level is delivered the moment the patient needs it.

Other features
* Using AirView, ResMed’s cloud-based patient management system, you can access nightly therapy data, troubleshoot remotely (using the remote assist feature) and change device settings remotely.

* The user-friendly controls, intuitive interface and color LCD screen make it simple to navigate menus and customize comfort settings.

*AutoRamp with sleep onset detection works by delivering a low pressure to help patients fall asleep with ease. Once it detects they’re asleep, it comfortably ramps up the pressure to ensure the prescribed level is delivered the moment they need it.

* The quiet Easy-Breathe motor makes for a peaceful environment for the patient and their bed partner.

* Built-in ambient light sensor adjusts the brightness of the screen based on the light in the room and turns off automatically.

* Pulse oximetry monitoring is available.

*Integrated humidification simplifies setting up the device and makes therapy easier for your patients.

* Expiratory pressure relief (EPR) maintains the optimal treatment for the patient during inhalation and reduces pressure during exhalation.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty new to cpap and was about to order an S9 AutoSet but now I'm wondering if I should wait another couple of weeks and get the Airsense. I have an AutoSet now that's coming to the end if the introductory rental period but I can extend on a week to week basis if I choose to.

Any recommendations? Do I wait and get the Airsense 10 and be a guinea pig or stick with the known entity of the AutoSet?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 04:52 AM)Crist Wrote: Do I wait and get the Airsense 10 and be a guinea pig or stick with the known entity of the AutoSet?
I have the same question. It would be nice to see a comparison between the S9 and the Airsense 10 to see what additional features are offered (other than the cloud-based patient management stuff) and what patient condition would benefit from those features.

Post Reply Post Reply
From what has been posted so far I don't see a huge change in the specifications but of course it is early days. I would be more interested to know if there have been any changes to the inbuilt algorithms that the flow generator uses in detecting events.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Dear Mr. Doc,"

"Sadly the puppy seems to have eaten my S9. So please send me out a new machine. While we're at it, send the S10 Autoset and I'll test it for ya! How's that for a plan? By the way, I'm a little unhappy that the guy version doesn't do the RERA stuff. What is that about?"
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 04:52 AM)Crist Wrote: I'm pretty new to cpap and was about to order an S9 AutoSet but now I'm wondering if I should wait another couple of weeks and get the Airsense. I have an AutoSet now that's coming to the end if the introductory rental period but I can extend on a week to week basis if I choose to.

Any recommendations? Do I wait and get the Airsense 10 and be a guinea pig or stick with the known entity of the AutoSet?

I'd say stick with the S9 for now. I see no great advantage of the Airsense from the specs I've seen, and the S9 is a known quantity that you can use with SleepyHead.

With any electronic gadget, including CPAP machines, there are often significant bugs or drawbacks to be worked out in new models.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got my S9 AutoSet, but looking at various threads on different forums, I believe I'm quite happy with the unit I can dismantle to travel easily with, have the programs work correctly with, no modem requirements, etc. Now, maybe in 5 years when they give me another machine there will be fully working programs and enough perks for me to want that new one. For now, I am just thrilled I can sleep and monitor my therapy Smile
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 438 42 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,614 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,803 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,183 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.