Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14
Why such a big difference between US and AU pricing??

$808 vs $1595?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2014, 04:10 AM)yaggy_bear Wrote: Why such a big difference between US and AU pricing??

$808 vs $1595?
ResMed does half of their business in US
Its not unreasonable to charge more in Australia. But I think its unreasonable that the price difference between the AutoSet and Elite $80 in US while $700 in Australia

Post Reply Post Reply
$883 vs $2495 here is a joke! (ResMed Airsense Auto)

As per [commercial DME link removed per Apnea Board rules - please refer to this supplier as "Supplier #1 - see moderator note below] website:

"Do you ship internationally?"
Yes. We will ship to any country in the world with the exception of the following countries:

Cuba
Iran
Syria
North Korea
Spain (Customs Restrictions)

Per manufacturer policies, we do not ship ResMed or Philips Respironics products internationally.

------------------------

Does someone in the United States want to help us Aussie's out by buying the machines on our behalf and sending them over to us here???

883.00 USD = 947.944 AUD

We don't have to pay import tax on items coming into the country below $1000AU.

I just can't bring myself to pay $2495 for the same thing you guys get for $883!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
See my reply to your post in this thread, post: #67
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-S9?page=7
Post Reply Post Reply
That's very cool, thanks zonk!
Post Reply Post Reply
Had my first night with this new resmed machine..

the autoramp feature is ok .... it started ramping early, when i was just relaxing - so it must have detected my breathing as "asleep breathing" even though i wasn't asleep..

the sd card doesnt work with sleepyhead 095 or 096.. only resscan works.

the machine seems louder than my philips remstar auto, but that could be because i had my philips on APAP and i probably never got to hear it at full pressure.

The sleep report function on the machine only tells you your sleep time.. and has two smiley faces that appear letting you know if your mask had problems during the night (im assuming with leaks). No other important data is displayed.

humidifier is a lot better than the remstar. i like the heated pipe as well, very luxurious!

here are some pics of my resscan results from the one night i used it.

i have also posted my sleep results of one of the nights from my remstar in sleepyhead for some analysis from you guys! thanks Smile

[Image: sleepyhead_zpscc9bcb85.jpg]
[Image: sleepyheadresmed096_zps4d00d230.jpg]

[Image: sleepyheadresmed095_zps4c1a3d51.jpg]

[Image: resscanscreen1_zps9b943a76.jpg]

[Image: resscanscreen2_zpsece2195b.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the pics Yaggy. I think your new results look great. One thing that caught my eye was the reading for RERA. I thought that was only available on the "for her" machine. If it's available on the regular machine too, then I don't need to keep "thinking pink."

You might consider popping off a PM to JediMark on this site and ask if he would like a copy of your results file. He's the guy that created Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2014, 11:55 AM)retired_guy Wrote: One thing that caught my eye was the reading for RERA. I thought that was only available on the "for her" machine. If it's available on the regular machine too, then I don't need to keep "thinking pink."

The setup manual for the A10 clearly says that RERA detection is recorded only by the AutoSet for Her model:

Detailed Data recorded:
Apnea or hypopnea events
CSR
RERA (AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her only)
Flow limitation (flat to round)
Leak (L/sec)
Minute ventilation (L/min)
Pressure (cm H2O / hPa)
Snore (quiet to loud)

Note that if using the AutoSet For Her model, RERA reporting occurs in every mode. The "AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her" model has three therapeutic modes to choose from:
1. CPAP mde
2. AutoSet mode
3. AutoSet For Her mode

The setup manual says:
"Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her in all modes."

"RERAs are periods of increasing respiratory effort which are terminated by an arousal. Increasing respiratory effort will be seen as airflow limitation.These flow-based RERA events are logged and stored as summary and/or detailed data and can then be viewed in one of ResMed's patient management systems."

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah my model seems to be the 'for her' model..
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2014, 04:29 PM)yaggy_bear Wrote: Yeah my model seems to be the 'for her' model..

Good choice!

Those who choose the regular AirSense 10 AutoSet over the For Her model are missing out. (Not missing a whole lot, I suppose, but the For Her model does offer more options and more data, for the same price, so if availability is not an issue then the For Her model would be preferred.)

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 0 30 3 hours ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,428 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 995 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,976 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 232 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.