Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14
Again, thanks for the new info. The machine I picked out is the AirSense 10 Autoset. I'm curious to understand why my AHI is high but the apnea is low. I do think that I have excessive leaks from my mask and I think I read on one of the posts here on the board that if the leaks are excessive the machines may not accurately detect apneas. I'm going to go study the sections here on flow limitations to see if I can learn anything. Sometimes it is hard to teach this old dog new tricks...
Also, I did wonder if this was the proper thread to post my questions in (since they are around the new ResMed machines) or should I have started a new thread? Maybe someone in the know can set me straight Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2014, 03:11 PM)Blackbag52 Wrote: Thanks for the responses guys. I was wondering if the AirSense 10 autoset would provide more data than the Icon Premo not the S9.
Yes, yes, and yes, like apples and oranges

Icom premo is fixed pressure machine
A10 AutoSet is premium APAP machine, can be used on CPAP mode to deliver fixed pressure or on AutoSet mode, calculate the pressure based on the severity of the events and adjust pressure to your needs throughout the night

ResMed machines are the best machines display data on the screen, report 95th percentile unintentional leak and differentiate between obstructive and central apnea. Also supported by free readily available software

imo, the closest thing to A10 is PRS1 Auto, F&P Icon got a long way to go for now

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m planning on ordering a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her from a supplier in America, as others on the forum have done.

Currently using a loan ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet in Australia, which has had the AutoSet for Her program loaded by the supplier here. I was able to use the Clinical Menu to switch between AutoSet and AutoSet for Her to try each. Previously I loaned a S9 AutoSet.

I was wondering if other forum users have had any issues with ResMed machines bought from overseas?

Has anyone ever had to update the software (like you would update drivers or firmware on a PC) on a ResMed machines, especially one bought overseas?

While using ResScan 5.1 to examine the data on the SD card, I found something interesting.

Tools
Device Settings….
Select Device button
Select the drive letter for the SD Card

While initially it shows the correct device type, clicking the down arrow shows a complete list of possible devices, including AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (AMER)

I’m wondering if the (AMER) ones are specific to the American market – maybe they simply default to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.

Another regional difference I have noticed is in the Technical specifications

Wireless module
Technology used: CDMA (USA and Canada only)
2G GSM (all regions except USA and Canada)

The Clinical Menu leads to options, and if you continue to scroll to the bottom, the final option is About.

This contains information such as Serial Number, wireless provider, wireless type, service and signal strength and internal modem.

I assume a machine from the American market would use CDMA. Telstra switched off the CDMA network in 2008 in Australia. The Clinical guide contains a note saying “Therapy data might not be transmitted if used outside of the country or region of purchase.”

The SD card and ResScan program appear to be a way to exchange Therapy Data if required.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2014, 04:34 AM)peteandamanda2 Wrote: I’m planning on ordering a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her from a supplier in America, as others on the forum have done.

Currently using a loan ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet in Australia, which has had the AutoSet for Her program loaded by the supplier here. I was able to use the Clinical Menu to switch between AutoSet and AutoSet for Her to try each. Previously I loaned a S9 AutoSet.

I'm an Aussie too and I bought my AirSense A10 AutoSet from Supplier #10 a few weeks ago, not the for her version though as they did not have them available except for pre order and my rental period on the S9 AutoSet I was using was coming to an end and so I decided not to wait. I looked at a couple of other suppliers with similar pricing but they would not ship ResMed machines to Oz.

(09-23-2014, 04:34 AM)peteandamanda2 Wrote: I was wondering if other forum users have had any issues with ResMed machines bought from overseas?

No problems so far, but I have only been using it for a little over 2 weeks. Customer service was good, shipping was pretty quick and with good tracking and it was packaged well.

(09-23-2014, 04:34 AM)peteandamanda2 Wrote: Has anyone ever had to update the software (like you would update drivers or firmware on a PC) on a ResMed machines, especially one bought overseas?

While using ResScan 5.1 to examine the data on the SD card, I found something interesting.

Tools
Device Settings….
Select Device button
Select the drive letter for the SD Card

While initially it shows the correct device type, clicking the down arrow shows a complete list of possible devices, including AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (AMER)

I’m wondering if the (AMER) ones are specific to the American market – maybe they simply default to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.

I can't help with the firmware update question for the machine itself but hopefully someone else who has more experience will come along and answer that question. I don't use Rescan either and I'm a Mac user, I was using Sleepy Head with the S9 and am just waiting for the next update to support the A10 machines which I believe is a few weeks away.

As for the settings for the American market, my machine arrived set up to fahrenheit but it was an easy change in the clinical menu to change it to celsius. The plug on the end of the power cord was of course one suited to US outlets but the supplier has the option of purchasing an adapter for around $10 which I did and I haven't had any problems with that. If I do have any problems in the future I will just buy a new cord - the one that runs from the power brick to the outlet. The machine itself was manufactured in Australia.

(09-23-2014, 04:34 AM)peteandamanda2 Wrote: Another regional difference I have noticed is in the Technical specifications

Wireless module
Technology used: CDMA (USA and Canada only)
2G GSM (all regions except USA and Canada)

The Clinical Menu leads to options, and if you continue to scroll to the bottom, the final option is About.

This contains information such as Serial Number, wireless provider, wireless type, service and signal strength and internal modem.

I assume a machine from the American market would use CDMA. Telstra switched off the CDMA network in 2008 in Australia. The Clinical guide contains a note saying “Therapy data might not be transmitted if used outside of the country or region of purchase.”

The SD card and ResScan program appear to be a way to exchange Therapy Data if required.

The little light in the top right of the screen where the wireless signal strength is displayed shows that mine is offline/no coverage. This doesn't bother me at all as I have no intention of letting anyone remotely change my settings and I have no need for anyone else to monitor my progress remotely.

My sleep doc asks that patients take in their whole machine to appointments, the tech there removes the SD card and downloads the data to Rescan, talks through the charts with the patient and has a chat about any issues with the machine or settings, then its into the doc for a consult and if there are any setting changes to be made, pop back into the tech to have them done. I'm very lucky with my sleep doc, he is happy for me to manage my own therapy and when I said I was going to buy a machine from the US he told me if I had any problems with the settings when it arrived to call in with the machine and his tech would make any adjustments Smile

I had no problems getting everything set up as it needed to be for me, just pressing a couple of buttons to enter the clinical settings mode and then it was easy to navigate and make the changes.

Good luck !

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2014, 04:34 AM)peteandamanda2 Wrote: I was wondering if other forum users have had any issues with ResMed machines bought from overseas?

Has anyone ever had to update the software (like you would update drivers or firmware on a PC) on a ResMed machines, especially one bought overseas?
I had no issues, bought couple machines privately but there is always a chance of something goes wrong or getting a lemon. In this case you need to send the machine back to place of purchase for warranty issues. ResMed don't honor the warranty and no rebate from private insurance either if machine purchased from overseas

I don't know how the AirSense 10 software update works but with the S9, ResMed updated the firmware to the latest patch of the S9, so if you want updated S9 machine , get the latest software version

First thing I do, set the date/time, temp C and set the rest to preference. I got couple of S8 power cord from Supplier #13, works with S9 and A10 power bricks and ResMed S9 filters which are the same as A10 filters, everything else I buy from overseas

I don't care about modem, view or cloud, these are mostly for US insurance compliance purposes and does not gives you any detailed data which only available on the SD card

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,735 16 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 411 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,771 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.