Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 autoset setup advice
Resmed Airsense 10 autoset setup advice
I had a in home sleep study and after the study the doctor said I had "rather severe sleep apnea".  He showed me the blood oxygen levels and said that if I held my breath I couldn't get them that low before passing out.  He wrote a perscription for a cpap machine pressure to start is 12.  I don't have a copy of the report but is may be possible to get it from the office.

My mother-in-law had a resmed airsense 10 autoset which after acquiring it she hasn't been using.  Since it is hard to get machines these days I have gotten it from her.  With the help of the apnea board I have been able to get into the Clinician Setup Menu. My Questions are how should I set it up to start out.  It was set to cpap for constant pressure.  Should I change it to autoset  and what range?  The setting in the machine were 4-18 is this a good starting point?  Any help with a good initial setup would be great.

I am still a bit shy of starting out and don't want to do something risky.

I also found out that the machine has 1707 hours on it.  It must have been used before my mother-in-law acquired it.  What is the expected life span of a device lik this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 autoset setup advice
5 calendar years, 15000 to 20000 hrs

It is a used machine so please start with a factory reset to ensure all settings are default.

Per the above,
Mode Auto
Min press= Max pressure = 12
EPR=3, fulltime
Ramp = Off

To utilize a range
Mode=Auto
Min Press= 10
Max Press= 15
EPR=3, fulltime
Ramp=Off

Either way expect modifications after we see your daily OSCAR charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. The life of the a10 is 5 years. 8x365x5 for how many hours.  

Set it to begin with 

Autoset 
Min 7
EPR full time
Max really anywhere up to 20. I would put it at 15 for the first night. 
Ramp off

Then be sure you ha a sd card in the machine when you sleep. Download Oscar free from the top of the site.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Given your doctor's opinion that you need a pressure of 12, I'd suggest you follow one of Sleeprider's suggestions.

Take a look at the prescription; exactly what machine is it for? If it's a ResMed machine, is the word "Autoset" in there? You got an excellent machine from your MIL; you should be able to have a prescription for one just as good when the time comes that you need to get one.

Also, you're entitled by law to a copy of your sleep report, so do request it. And feel free to post a scan of it here. Just be sure you black out your personal information first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree, follow Gideon's suggestion Here

I think he is suggesting the minimum 12 based on your doctors advice.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly! At this time there is no evidence to suggest any other settings.

The second group is bracketing the 12 the doc recommended. In either case expect the need to modify the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the help now to implement.  Probably this weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 23 443 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 4 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 5 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 863 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,799 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.