Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 leaks?
Resmed Airsense 10 leaks?
I have had an Airsense 10 Autoset for about five years now and always happy.  Very good sleep scores overall as reported by machine software to my cell phone every day.  Lately, however, I show a lot of mask leaks.  Scores of between 5-10 out of 20.  I used to get higher scores.  I have replaced everything in the last few days: hose, headgear, mask, water reservoir, all to no avail. I have been adjusting my headgear on a nightly basis for about 10 days now, from lose to tight and in between.

1. Is the leak indication a big deal if I'm getting apnea scores of less than 1 pretty consistently?
2. Could what shows as a mask leak be due to a leak elsewhere in the machine itself?
3. I have Medicare with a Blue Cross supplemental.  When am I due for a new machine?

I have been a faithful CPAP user for 30+ years.

Thank you all,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 leaks?
Hoping this generates some interest in my post.  Nobody loves me.  I have unexplainable leaks.

Thank you all,

Mirkee
Post Reply Post Reply
Large leaks can mask apneas. You need to get them under control. I see you list SleepyHead. It is highly recommended that you upgrade to OSCAR and post a screenshot. I have some helpful links in my signature to help you organize the graphs post them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I contacted my supplier after 5 years for a new machine, they told me IF the machine was working could not have a new one. Then they said if you had dropped the machine or got water in it then it would be replaced. It felt like they wanted me to ruin it so I could get a new one.

So I called my sleep Dr that prescribed tha old one. He said I would need a new sleep study but because of COVID they were not doing sleep studies now.

I have a deductible of 250 and I don’t know what the sleep study would cost me. Someone here suggested Supplier #2 from the supplier list on this site.

I purchased a “used” (less than one month used) ResMed 10VAUTO. GREAT machine and great company! 800$ it may have cost a little more but I got it in 5 days and my numbers have never been lower.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news! Please remember to update your profile.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I only read the report that shows on my cell phone.  I think it's proprietary to Resmed.  I'll do Oscar.  Does Oscar require that I insert the memory card in my computer?  My machine has an SD card in it but I've never used it.  Did not know that leaks can mask apneas.  My leaks are 40 l/min max.  Leaks used to be much less and then suddenly worsened.  I changed masks three times in a week, then changed hose, headgear, water tank and mask.  Still bad readings.  Wondering if machine could be leaking internally and if that would show up as a leak.  I do not feel leaks around the mask.  I'm stumped.  Events per have been consistently less than one.  I had not thought of the fact that there are no sleep studies being done now.  I'm in CA and we are looking pretty ugly as far as Covid.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR software gives us so much more to work with to help solve problems. We can see leaks, how they originate (seal or mouth breathing), your respiratory flow rate response and many more important details. Let us know what mask brand, model and size you are using.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Resmed N20 Large.  I assume that Oscar will show the results on my screen.  How do I do a screen shot to post here?  Sorry to be a pain.  One more idea:  Can I run the machine without the water tank?  If so, how?  Maybe that would eliminate one more source of leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need a card in the machine to use OSCAR. Some machines do not give data. They refer those as bricks, they only give compliance data to the provider. What model do you have? You have to have a special door to run without the tank. Screen shot is the F12 button in OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
mirkee,
We will be able to tell from the leak rate graph if your mask is the problem or if you are mouth breathing.  

Once you have set up OSCAR, follow the links in my signature line for guidance on taking a screenshot and posting here.  

There is a cover your can buy and put in place of the humidifier, but I would wait to see what your charts show us.  It's highly unlikely the leaks are coming from the humidifier.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 396 43 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 282 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,601 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 135 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.