Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 ramping too fast
Resmed Airsense 10 ramping too fast
I have been using the Airsense 10, CPAP machine for about 6 months.

Pressure is set at 7-15.

Yesterday, while napping, I noticed the pressure zoomed from 0 to 15 in a matter of minutes. I turned off the ramp feature, same result. When turning the ramp feature back on, the same thing happened. The 14+ pressure practically blew my ears off! I unplugged the machine before bed last night, and plugged it back in, hoping for some kind of sane reset. No such luck; same result, with the pressure zooming to 14+ in a matter of minutes.

Getting a hold of my DME (Apria) is challenging and I cannot wait "24-48 hours' for a call back.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, how did you resolve?

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 ramping too fast
Make sure there is no excessive moisture in your mask and/or tubing. If so dry everything out. When all dry unplug the machine from the power brick and unplug the power brick from the outlet. Wait at least one minute. Then try again. If this still happens with ramp off you definitely should return it under warranty.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2016, 12:23 PM)dwlims Wrote: I have been using the Airsense 10, CPAP machine for about 6 months.

Pressure is set at 7-15.

Yesterday, while napping, I noticed the pressure zoomed from 0 to 15 in a matter of minutes. I turned off the ramp feature, same result. When turning the ramp feature back on, the same thing happened. The 14+ pressure practically blew my ears off! I unplugged the machine before bed last night, and plugged it back in, hoping for some kind of sane reset. No such luck; same result, with the pressure zooming to 14+ in a matter of minutes.

Getting a hold of my DME (Apria) is challenging and I cannot wait "24-48 hours' for a call back.

Thanks,

I no longer use my ramp , Try changing the ramp time. something doesn't sound right though, I don't think it should go to your maximum pressure right away.
Hopefully your DME can resolve this issue for you.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Eat-popcorn
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dwlims,
That doesn't sound right, you will more than likely have to get a hold of your DME. Good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a ramp feature on your machine, but it will start at a lower pressure and go to the low therapy setting over several minutes. Going directly to the max is not right.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2016, 12:23 PM)dwlims Wrote: I have been using the Airsense 10, CPAP machine for about 6 months.

Pressure is set at 7-15.

Yesterday, while napping, I noticed the pressure zoomed from 0 to 15 in a matter of minutes. I turned off the ramp feature, same result.
Sound defective to me, but first need to confirm machine settings (not in CPAP mode), Ramp starting pressure and period, and take a look at SleepyHead detailed data graphs and statistic data such as median, 95%, and maximum pressures
As for Ramp. I use Ramp for 10 minutes starting at 10, same as minimum pressure to avoid the machine scoring events while adjusting mask fit, scratching my nose, setting down, etc ...

It doesn't sound right here too http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...in-columns
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 ramping too fast / UPDATE
I visited the DME, and they cheerfully replaced the unit (within warranty period). I was unable to reproduce the problem in their office but that was not an issue.

Thanks, everyone!

I have been using the Airsense 10, CPAP machine for about 6 months.

Pressure is set at 7-15.

Thanks,
[/quote]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 494 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,847 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,634 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,839 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 230 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,202 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.