Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card Reader
Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card Reader
I have been using a Resmed S9, and learning a lot from downloading the Oscar data every morning. 

I placed an order 3 months ago for an Airsense 11 and was just notified it just arrived. In anticipation, I was reading the user manual and saw that not all Airsense 11 models have an SD card reader. 

I'd like to know which Airsense 11 models have SD card readers and which don't. If you have an Airsense 11 without a SD card reader, are you still able to access the complete Oscar data?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card Reader
You are the first person to bring up the subject about some not having SD card slots. Everyone who has an AS11 here on the board (so far), has an SD card slot. Also, if it doesn't have an SD card slot, then it won't work with OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the manual it references this:

Quote:SD card (not available in all devices).

I may be mistaken but I believe they are referring to the actual "SD card" itself and not the built in reader.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not furnishing an SD card would make more sense.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine had a blank piece in the SD card slot... it had to be taken out and you had to supply your own SD card but it works. It's on the left end of the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds confirmed then it's the card itself some don't have. Just like it was with some 10 series PAP's.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a version of Oscar that works with a Macintosh?
Post Reply Post Reply
A semantic point -- you should think of the device on the cpap machine as an SD card writer, not reader. That is the point -- the machine needs to write the data on the card in order for your computer -- and OSCAR -- to read it.

This is not just me being picky. If a DME is asking you to accept a particular machine, and you want them to confirm that the machine is going to write out detailed data about what happened when you were unconscious, then you can't expect a straight answer if you don't use the right words for the question.
Post Reply Post Reply
Click on Oscar at the top of the site - it gives what operating system you can download.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 391 25 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,601 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,768 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,037 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.