Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card questions.
Question 
Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card questions.
I have a couple of questions regarding my Air Sense 11 SD Card usage. 

1. Does using an SD card disable the Air Sense 11 auto reporting via cell calls or does it also report and write to the SD card?  I like to have the My Air app available for quick reference ?

2. When I plug in my SD Card the machine starts to run immediately with no mask inputs. I normally have auto start enabled and as soon as the card is pushed in it starts running with a display on the screen of 4.0. Is this normal?

3. is there a way to have auto start on with the SD card installed? 

4. Is there a way to capture all the current history in the machine or is it start to use the card and start new datasets?

I just purchased this card from A Cpap Shop and it specifically says for Air Sense 11 on the card. 

The card is formatted Fat32 and the two folders  Datalog and Settings folders are present.

This machine initially came without a SD card installed.

Thanks for any information in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card questions.
1. The SD card recording is completely independent of the cellular connection used for MyAir. The cellular connection continues whether an SD card is present or not.

2. I don't think that's normal -- it certainly isn't on the AirSense 10. How long does it keep running? Maybe the machine is just going through some initialization process?

3. Yes, there should be no connection between AutoStart and the presence or absence of the SD card. (Again, based on my experience with the AirSense 10 machines but I have not seen any report suggesting the 11 is any different).

4. When you place a new SD card in the machine, it should record the daily summary data from the past but the detailed data needed by OSCAR is recorded in real time -- when the card is in the machine and the machine is running.

Any generic SD card should work fine.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
A few thoughts on SD cards and Air Sense 11....

I have been using the Air Sense 11 Autoset for about 6 months now. As it was provided to me, there was no SD card included. All that was available for information was the VERY limited info via My Air app. I found that the SD card from my old S9 worked just fine. Once installed the SD card captured all data to date in the unit ( that was about a week at the time). I have no issues with the S11 auto starting when I install the SD card and I regularly use the auto start feature, so there may be something wrong there. I have also used the S11 with no SD card installed - no problems. Hope that helps.

So far the S11 has been a very nice system once you get an SD card installed so you have access to the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked format on the card and it looked fine. I pulled the plug on the machine and plugged it back in. Unit accepted card and gave me message it was ready to go. Machine worked normally all night.

I pulled card this morning and it read fine with Oscar. I went to put card back in machine and it gave me card read error. I tried it several times with no luck. I had other things to take care of so I came back about 3 hours later and plugged card in no problem.  I am going to let it capture a couple more nights of data.  Oh I checked my air app and all is well according to the app and it has last night's data so if the card gives me any more grief, I think a reformat will be the next step so far so good.  Thanks for the quick replies I appreciate it..
Post Reply Post Reply
This sounds like a failing SD card -- you should just buy a new card and not fool around.

(My husband is a physics professor who uses SD cards in his detectors that he uses in his research. So he has a LOT of experience with them. You need to think of them as cheap disposable things! Oh, and yes my current SD card in my machine is literally one I picked up off the floor of his incredibly cluttered absent-minded-professor office LOL)

I have an Air11 and the card works exactly as the Air10 and vauto10 work.

I did have something happen last week where I had a night where no data was written on the card at all -- not even the empty directory that should have been written at noon. When I put the card back in the machine the front panel didn't light up. I popped the card out and pushed it back in, and this time it DID light up and then I took it over to my computer and the timestamps were such that it was obvious that the write happened on the second insertion.

I take that to mean that I need to really pay attention to make sure that the card mounts when it is inserted. An SD card being a little flakey is not a surprise.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have read several reports where the user had to power down the AS11 prior to inserting the SD card for it to be recognized. I'm wondering if there is an initializing problem that is negated by rebooting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 I always have to power off (unplug) to insert my SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
An associate installed a SD card in his new ResMed 11 and then put the cover back on ... the card is no longer accessible since, I suspect, the cove pushed the card into the machine. Any advice on how to recover the card.

And no it wasn't me .. I have used a ResMed 11 for months now with a SD card and have had none of the issues described in previous posts other than one time when the card when I received the error message. I removed the card and reinserted it and received the "writing to" message. All data has been available to me on Oscar and Rescan.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 142 9 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,580 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,759 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.