Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 11 problem
Resmed Airsense 11 problem
I wrote the following to my DME provider:
Has anyone
----------------------------
My machine, ResMed 11, has developed a clicking sound upon startup, and it lasts for about 3-5 minutes.

More specifically, when I start the machine and then put my mask on, there is a click whenever I inhale and another one when I exhale. Let me see if I can make a little representation of what is happening.

in(click)hale
ex(click)hale

It is rather bothersome. This has been going on now for about a week, and has gotten worse with time.

---------------------------
Has anyone else here had a similar problem?

Lawrence
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 11 problem
Nothing like that with my AS11, it's near silent.

I assume you've re-seated the water tub several times since its' been going on for a week...  How about the "elbow" that connects the tub to the hose?  Make sure that is inserted and "locked" in correctly.  

I'd probably swap out the hose and mask, just to be certain the noise is coming from the machine -- sometimes it's hard to tell with a mask on where sounds are originating.  But a clicking noise like you describe is probably an internal defect.
Post Reply Post Reply
I experience a click like this with my F20 mask when the pressure is extremely low, like after you turn it off and it runs a little air through the mask to dry it out. When I breathe out it pushes the anti-asphyxiation valve open to vent the air outside. Every mask has one of these valves somewhere, so it could be related to that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only full face masks have the anti-asphyxiation valve; OP 's profile mentions the P10 pillows mask.

My guess is the humidifier tank not seated completely. If you can, put your hand on the tank top, and see if it moves as you breathe. I don't have an AS11, so I can't suggest where to add something to tighten it .

As an experiment, you could turn off EPR so that the pressures isn't changing each breath.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's another possible cause: remove the air inlet filter and start your session (without an air inlet filter); check, if the clicking sound is gone.

Sometimes an (OEM) filter is not hold in place properly by the 4 tiny plastic spikes in the filter compartment. This can cause noises too. However, my experience is from an Airsense 10...

Good luck! Ichabod
Post Reply Post Reply
Just checking back... @lawrencekellie, did you resolve the noise problem? If so, what was the actual cause?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lawrence!
I was wondering if you solved your problem.

Do you use the RAMP feature with your machine? Is the clicking sound while that feature is active? If so, could you try using your machine with ramp turned off and see if thateliminates the clicks.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I had that problem and still do sometimes.  I think it should not occur, BUT I set lower pressure above 4.0 and if I try not to breathe too fast - seems to be OK.    Steve
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,709 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,579 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,758 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.