Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 11 questions
Resmed Airsense 11 questions
Liking so far. Big improvement over DS. Lower apnea frequency and better humidity control. 

For those who have the 11,

I got mine with regular mesh filters.  Do you know if HEPA filters are available?

If I fill the water chamber to the max line, it overflow s at the top.  Have you seen this or is mine faulty?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 11 questions
Since the same filter size is used on the AS10 and S9, I would hazard a guess that it is the same for the AS11. I am not aware of any HEPA filters for these models, just the regular and a hypoallergenic filter are offered.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the hypoallergenic would do for me.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
i found the same thing. humidy setting at 4 and if i fill to the bottom of the word max i have enough for the night.
6Panora
Post Reply Post Reply
no mine spills to if i fill to max line
6Panora
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, the filters are a different size vs the AS9 and AS10. Since the AS11 filters are slightly smaller, I have been cutting the S9 ones down to size.

Taking a measurement from the orginal filter supplied with the AS11, the size is 50 mm x 24 mm.

I have been looking for third party filters that are the exact size, but no luck so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello RyteByte, and welcome to the forum.

The thread you replied to is a couple months old.  Here's a link to a slightly newer thread with more recent information on AS11 filters:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...11-filters

Hope that helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was watching a Youtube video where the uploader, Nick said the AirSense 11 (like the 10)'s filter is so tiny and only 75% effective. Compare that to many other CPAP manufacturer's filters where they are larger and more than 90% effective. Just think about all the dust we're breathing in that makes up that 25% ineffectiveness?

Furthermore, the turbine in the 11 is smaller but not quieter. Which raises a question of reliability. Resmed says in the manual to replace the machine in 5 years.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2021, 06:19 PM)RyteByte Wrote: Actually, the filters are a different size vs the AS9 and AS10. Since the AS11 filters are slightly smaller, I have been cutting the S9 ones down to size.

Taking a measurement from the orginal filter supplied with the AS11, the size is 50 mm x 24 mm.

I have been looking for third party filters that are the exact size, but no luck so far.

Ok, some dude on Youtube said they are the same size. The fact they are smaller is troublesome. 

I know one only CPAP distributor sells non OEM filters for the 10 and they are smaller than the OEMs. They say it's fine. But of course, they're not the one's using the machine and want you to buy a new one when the motor seizes from the dust et al.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2021, 06:19 PM)RyteByte Wrote: Actually, the filters are a different size vs the AS9 and AS10. Since the AS11 filters are slightly smaller, I have been cutting the S9 ones down to size.

You can buy AirSense 11 size filters now on eBay and Supplier #38 [DME link removed].  They are made by Spirit Medical.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 213 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 74 9 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,457 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 382 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 179 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,998 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.