Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 11 very warm to touch with burning smell
Resmed Airsense 11 very warm to touch with burning smell
I got a Resmed airsense 11 around 7 or 8 months ago and it’s been working fine until tonight. I turn it on and it smells like burning cigarettes (nobody in my house smokes and it has not been anywhere else but my house) and the machine itself around the on button on the top was very warm, almost hot. I turned it off and unplugged it from the power source and it took about 15 min to cool down. The power source itself is NOT hot, it is cool to the touch. I do keep my tube temp around 78-80F because otherwise my nose will be uncomfortably cold (I use a zest nasal mask).  Has anyone encountered this before? 

I know what the “funny” smell from no water in the chamber smells like, and this was different, and it was immediately smelly and hot right when I turned it on. It had not been on since the previous night. The filter is fine. I plugged it back in and have been running it about 15 min and the on button is slightly warm but no smell right now. I am going to use my Resmed 10 for tonight as I am weirded out. I hope my 11 hasn’t started malfunctioning at less that a year old. Thanks in advance for any input!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 72 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,449 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 263 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,997 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,159 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.