Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I must be from Mars!
I must be from Mars!
WARNING! You are about to read a random rant about my sleep doctor.

Trying to get a replacement for my old ResMed S9 and my doctor somehow doesn't realize how to write a prescription for it. The DME says the prescription did not have the pressure settings on it. Isn't the pressure settings for the machine a pretty important part of the prescription? Or... am I not thinking correctly?

When I called my doctor back and ask them to include the pressure settings they acted like I was from Mars. Said the DME would be able to get the machine setup correctly. The DME also needed a copy of my sleep study and the nurse had no idea how to find that in my records. I must be seeing the wrong doctor, time for a change.

Frustrated in Florida.
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I must be from Mars!
Wow!  I'll say!  Time to cut 'n run.
Post Reply Post Reply
Duck alert. No you’re not from Mars. Quite a few Apnea patients go through something similar to this. Consider a change. Now that Mars thing, if you lived in western PA, then maybe you could have been from Mars.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2019, 02:29 PM)mesenteria Wrote: Wow!  I'll say!  Time to cut 'n run.

How about cut and paste instead. Photoshop it and roll your own. Of course that would probably only work if you were paying for it out of your own pocket and going mail order.  Are you???

My doctor was pretty specific - machine brand, type, settings, mask brand & type.  Perhaps nailed down this tight isn't necessarily a good thing.  But then, I'm 100% out of pocket, so I'll spend my money on whatever I want to use.  My HMO has been good for other health related things, but not not this one.

Another idea... Just pen in some numbers, play dumb and say somebody at the doctor's office did it. Sometimes it's just too hard to fight the system.

At least you could get on with it and get some reasonable setting recommendations from the AB gurus.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
That's ridiculous!

Although I'm curious why your DME wouldn't contact your "doctor" directly.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.