Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense "response" soft or standard
Resmed Airsense "response" soft or standard
I've bad my equipment about a week and a half and have already (thanks to you folks) figured out how to change my air pressure from 5-20 to 8-20.  Tried 8-15 last night and had lots more events.  At 20 the gush of air wakes me up and makes my mask flap and leak.  Hence  my question .  What is the response on the menu?  And should I select "soft ". Instead of "standard "???  Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense "response" soft or standard
I would question you having to set your max at 20...but if you posted some data from Sleepyhead (see the links below in my signature on how to do that and how to format the charts) the more experienced people around can give you some better ideas on what to set it to. The higher settings in particular can cause more CA or Hypopnea events. In my own opinion, 8-20 is too great a range and should not be necessary. If you post your data, the fine folks here will help you fine tune your settings.

The Soft setting gives you a more gradual ramp up to the needed pressure as opposed to standard which is a bit more abrupt. The soft setting is preferred by most people.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Soft option uses the "For Her" Auto algorithm.
It use to be you had to buy the "For her" Model Resmed Airsense Auto 10 to get that option.
The Newer serial number of the Standard Resmed Airsense Auto 10 now have the option.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks; Marillion.  I need to buy an SD card reader for my Mac before I can download the data from the SD card, but I plan to do that soon.  I will set to "soft" and upload my data here when I can.  Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
For Her Algorithm

One of the most innovative features of the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her is the algorithm developed for women and the manner in which OSA affects them. A standard algorithm responds after 3 flow limited breaths and will move up by as much as 3 cmwp. The For Her algorithm responds after just 1 flow limited breath and will move up by as much as 2.5 cmwp. If needed the algorithm setting can be changed to the standard AutoSetAutoSet™ algorithm version.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2017, 05:27 PM)Binti1962 Wrote: Thanks; Marillion.  I need to buy an SD card reader for my Mac before I can download the data from the SD card, but I plan to do that soon.  I will set to "soft" and upload my data here when I can.  Thanks agai
Consider a Toshiba FlasAir card instead for wireless data transfer. See: [commercial link removed-- instead, search Google for "Flashpap"]
I got a 16GB card on Ebay for $24. amazon has them but for a few more $$.
Search the forum for FlahAir and FlashPap.  It works great for me. I didn't mind moving the card back and forth but was concerned about eventual damage to the SD slot on the Airsense 10.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!  Thanks for that great idea!  Looks like it should work great.  I'm being monitored for compliance for a year, and in addition my sleep doc wants to read data off the SD card at my next appointment.  If I use flashPaP will it overwrite data or erase it so that the doc can't read it off the Toshiba card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy the existing files on the card now in your machine to the FlashAir just before the first night you use it. (Be sure not to delete the files already on the FlasApp for the wireless transfer).

There are 3 folders; Datalog, P-Series, and Settings plus 3 files; Identification.crc, identification.tgt, and STR.edf that will need to be copied from the card you are using now to the FlashAir. It should then contain all the data from the old card and will add to it each night as happens with the card you are presently using. FlashApp erases nothing.  To confirm that I just opened FlasApp on my computer and scanned my flashair card. It has daily files going back to Feb. 9, which is when I first used and SD card in my machine and predates by several weeks my initial use of the flashAir.

If your concerned about taking the FlashAir card to your Dr. just copy the folders and files listed above from the flashAir to your other SD card before taking it to your Dr. That card will then be up to to date.  FlashApp stores your data in a folder on your computer and updates it every time you do a transfer so you will always have a backup for the data on your FlashAir card.

To be safe copy files from the card into a folder on your computer and then from there to the destination card. I hope all this is clear.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2017, 05:45 PM)Melman Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 05:27 PM)Binti1962 Wrote: Thanks; Marillion.  I need to buy an SD card reader for my Mac before I can download the data from the SD card, but I plan to do that soon.  I will set to "soft" and upload my data here when I can.  Thanks agai
Consider a Toshiba FlasAir card instead for wireless data transfer. See: [commercial link removed-- instead, search Google for "Flashpap"]
I got a 16GB card on Ebay for $24. amazon has them but for a few more $$.
Search the forum for FlahAir and FlashPap.  It works great for me. I didn't mind moving the card back and forth but was concerned about eventual damage to the SD slot on the Airsense 10.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

I'm using a SD extension workaround to prevent damage to the SD slot on the machine. Works fine so far. I'm sure the Flashair works well too. Two different options. See previous thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid190860
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. After reading all the info in this thread. I too purchased a 16Gb Toshiba Flashair Card off of Ebay and downloaded Flashpap in readiness for when the card arrives. I feel much better about not having to worry about damage to my machine's card reader or the card itself from all the physical back and forth...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,806 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 418 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 617 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,801 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,181 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.