Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed P10
Humidifier: Built in
CPAP Pressure: 6-12
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Resmed Airsense s10 Autoset Question
I just got my s9 upgraded to an s10 autoset and have a question about the my options menu. I just watched a youtube video as well as read a thread on here about it and both showed some options under "My Option" in the menu that I don't see on my machine and was hoping someone could possibly explain how to access or if maybe the machine I was provided (which they said was new) maybe has old software or something. My Options menu shows Ramp Time, Humidity Level, Mask, Run Mask Fit, Run Warmup and Airplane Mode. The My Options menu I see on youtube and that is mentioned on this forum includes the options listed above plus - Pressure Relief (this is what I care most about as it sounds like it would help me), Climate Control, Smart Start, Tube Temp (don't care about this right now because I have a slimline tube).

Appreciate any help here at figuring this out.
04-06-2016 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

RE: Resmed Airsense s10 Autoset Question
I think there is a setting in the clinician menu to give the patient full or limited access to what you can control.
You should request the clinician manual by email using the link at the top of the page... "CPAP Setup Manuals."
You enter the clinician menu by holding down the knob and home button simultaneously for 3 seconds.

I cannot guide you to the menu item you need to change --- but the manual will have a flow chart.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2016 06:38 PM by justMongo.)
04-06-2016 06:38 PM
FrankNichols Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed F10 and/or P10
Humidifier: Builtin
CPAP Pressure: 17-19
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: I've figured out how to get my AHI down to 5, I quit sleeping!

(04-06-2016 06:06 PM)jhtrader Wrote:  I just got my s9 upgraded to an s10 autoset and have a question about the my options menu. I just watched a youtube video as well as read a thread on here about it and both showed some options under "My Option" in the menu that I don't see on my machine and was hoping someone could possibly explain how to access or if maybe the machine I was provided (which they said was new) maybe has old software or something. My Options menu shows Ramp Time, Humidity Level, Mask, Run Mask Fit, Run Warmup and Airplane Mode. The My Options menu I see on youtube and that is mentioned on this forum includes the options listed above plus - Pressure Relief (this is what I care most about as it sounds like it would help me), Climate Control, Smart Start, Tube Temp (don't care about this right now because I have a slimline tube).

I just got my Autoset also, I have most of those, I think the climate control is only available if you have the heated hose, at least that is my theory cause I haven't found it on mine. The rest are there.

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
04-06-2016 06:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
jhtrader Offline

Members

Machine: Rested Airsense 10 Autoset

Other Comments:

(04-06-2016 06:38 PM)justMongo Wrote:  I think there is a setting in the clinician menu to give the patient full or limited access to what you can control.
You should request the clinician manual by email using the link at the top of the page... "CPAP Setup Manuals."
You enter the clinician menu by holding down the knob and home button simultaneously for 3 seconds.

I cannot guide you to the menu item you need to change --- but the manual will have a flow chart.

Thanks. I accessed the clinician menu but didn't see anything to change so that I could see that. Will request the CPAP Setup Manual - thanks!
04-06-2016 06:47 PM
jhtrader Offline

Members

Other Comments:

(04-06-2016 06:46 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 06:06 PM)jhtrader Wrote:  I just got my s9 upgraded to an s10 autoset and have a question about the my options menu. I just watched a youtube video as well as read a thread on here about it and both showed some options under "My Option" in the menu that I don't see on my machine and was hoping someone could possibly explain how to access or if maybe the machine I was provided (which they said was new) maybe has old software or something. My Options menu shows Ramp Time, Humidity Level, Mask, Run Mask Fit, Run Warmup and Airplane Mode. The My Options menu I see on youtube and that is mentioned on this forum includes the options listed above plus - Pressure Relief (this is what I care most about as it sounds like it would help me), Climate Control, Smart Start, Tube Temp (don't care about this right now because I have a slimline tube).

I just got my Autoset also, I have most of those, I think the climate control is only available if you have the heated hose, at least that is my theory cause I haven't found it on mine. The rest are there.

I think you are probably right about the heated hose. I like the idea of a pressure relief setting to reduce pressure when exhaling so that is the setting I am most interested in being able to access. I just sent an email asking for the clinician manual. Thanks!
04-06-2016 06:52 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
FrankNichols Offline

Advisory Members

(04-06-2016 06:47 PM)jhtrader Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 06:38 PM)justMongo Wrote:  I think there is a setting in the clinician menu to give the patient full or limited access to what you can control.

Thanks. I accessed the clinician menu but didn't see anything to change so that I could see that. Will request the CPAP Setup Manual - thanks!

There is an option int eh Clinician menu that is something like extended (I am not at my machine right now) and you need to set that and then you can see the clinician data is the report screen.

I'd Rather Be Sleeping
04-06-2016 07:41 PM
jhtrader Offline

Members

Other Comments:

(04-06-2016 07:41 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 06:47 PM)jhtrader Wrote:  

There is an option int eh Clinician menu that is something like extended (I am not at my machine right now) and you need to set that and then you can see the clinician data is the report screen.

Don't see that but already set the Essentials to Essentials Plus - maybe that is what you are referring too. Still not giving me access to the "Pressure Relief" setting. Thanks.
04-06-2016 07:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
FrankNichols Offline

Advisory Members

(04-06-2016 07:49 PM)jhtrader Wrote:  Don't see that but already set the Essentials to Essentials Plus - maybe that is what you are referring too. Still not giving me access to the "Pressure Relief" setting. Thanks.

Yup, Essentials, and nope, it is access to more values when looking at your sleep report. I think what you are looking for is Exhale Pressure Relief? If so, it is in the Clinician Menu -> Comfort -> EPR = ON/OFF.

You can turn it on and set the amount the pressure is reduced when exhaling, or you can turn it off and it will be more PURE CPAP with inhale and exhale the same pressure.

Frank

I'd Rather Be Sleeping
04-06-2016 07:54 PM
jhtrader Offline

Members

Other Comments:

(04-06-2016 07:54 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 07:49 PM)jhtrader Wrote:  Don't see that but already set the Essentials to Essentials Plus - maybe that is what you are referring too. Still not giving me access to the "Pressure Relief" setting. Thanks.

Yup, Essentials, and nope, it is access to more values when looking at your sleep report. I think what you are looking for is Exhale Pressure Relief? If so, it is in the Clinician Menu -> Comfort -> EPR = ON/OFF.

You can turn it on and set the amount the pressure is reduced when exhaling, or you can turn it off and it will be more PURE CPAP with inhale and exhale the same pressure.

Frank

I set the EPR to 3 which is the same setting I had on my S9. I am pretty sure there is an additional setting for some reason labeled "Pressure Relief" in addition to the EPR. Seems redundant but that is what the video shows and what was posted on here on a review posting.
04-06-2016 08:33 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
palerider Offline

Preferred Members-

Machine: s9 vpap auto
Mask Make & Model: p10
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 18/13+
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(04-06-2016 08:33 PM)jhtrader Wrote:  I set the EPR to 3 which is the same setting I had on my S9. I am pretty sure there is an additional setting for some reason labeled "Pressure Relief" in addition to the EPR. Seems redundant but that is what the video shows and what was posted on here on a review posting.

Er, you want a "Pressure Relief" in *addition* to the "Expiratory Pressure Relief" you just set to 3????

nope.
04-06-2016 08:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  airsense 10 autoset malfunction? sonicboom 50 9,844 Today 06:52 PM
Last Post: mysleepapnea
  Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet edmund36 5 170 Yesterday 08:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 Badjo17 26 2,561 12-04-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: Arnie51
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,296 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Question: sound level on Resmed S9 WITHOUT humidifier, compared to Remstar 560 kowlooner 8 241 11-29-2016 10:51 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Quit Working SherrieR 4 270 11-26-2016 07:51 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Angry Resmed Airsense/Telstra 2G wireless kerput JamesW 2 226 11-24-2016 11:08 PM
Last Post: JamesW