Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense s10 Autoset Question
Resmed Airsense s10 Autoset Question
I just got my s9 upgraded to an s10 autoset and have a question about the my options menu. I just watched a youtube video as well as read a thread on here about it and both showed some options under "My Option" in the menu that I don't see on my machine and was hoping someone could possibly explain how to access or if maybe the machine I was provided (which they said was new) maybe has old software or something. My Options menu shows Ramp Time, Humidity Level, Mask, Run Mask Fit, Run Warmup and Airplane Mode. The My Options menu I see on youtube and that is mentioned on this forum includes the options listed above plus - Pressure Relief (this is what I care most about as it sounds like it would help me), Climate Control, Smart Start, Tube Temp (don't care about this right now because I have a slimline tube).

Appreciate any help here at figuring this out.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense s10 Autoset Question
I think there is a setting in the clinician menu to give the patient full or limited access to what you can control.
You should request the clinician manual by email using the link at the top of the page... "CPAP Setup Manuals."
You enter the clinician menu by holding down the knob and home button simultaneously for 3 seconds.

I cannot guide you to the menu item you need to change --- but the manual will have a flow chart.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 06:06 PM)jhtrader Wrote: I just got my s9 upgraded to an s10 autoset and have a question about the my options menu. I just watched a youtube video as well as read a thread on here about it and both showed some options under "My Option" in the menu that I don't see on my machine and was hoping someone could possibly explain how to access or if maybe the machine I was provided (which they said was new) maybe has old software or something. My Options menu shows Ramp Time, Humidity Level, Mask, Run Mask Fit, Run Warmup and Airplane Mode. The My Options menu I see on youtube and that is mentioned on this forum includes the options listed above plus - Pressure Relief (this is what I care most about as it sounds like it would help me), Climate Control, Smart Start, Tube Temp (don't care about this right now because I have a slimline tube).

I just got my Autoset also, I have most of those, I think the climate control is only available if you have the heated hose, at least that is my theory cause I haven't found it on mine. The rest are there.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 06:38 PM)justMongo Wrote: I think there is a setting in the clinician menu to give the patient full or limited access to what you can control.
You should request the clinician manual by email using the link at the top of the page... "CPAP Setup Manuals."
You enter the clinician menu by holding down the knob and home button simultaneously for 3 seconds.

I cannot guide you to the menu item you need to change --- but the manual will have a flow chart.

Thanks. I accessed the clinician menu but didn't see anything to change so that I could see that. Will request the CPAP Setup Manual - thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 06:46 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 06:06 PM)jhtrader Wrote: I just got my s9 upgraded to an s10 autoset and have a question about the my options menu. I just watched a youtube video as well as read a thread on here about it and both showed some options under "My Option" in the menu that I don't see on my machine and was hoping someone could possibly explain how to access or if maybe the machine I was provided (which they said was new) maybe has old software or something. My Options menu shows Ramp Time, Humidity Level, Mask, Run Mask Fit, Run Warmup and Airplane Mode. The My Options menu I see on youtube and that is mentioned on this forum includes the options listed above plus - Pressure Relief (this is what I care most about as it sounds like it would help me), Climate Control, Smart Start, Tube Temp (don't care about this right now because I have a slimline tube).

I just got my Autoset also, I have most of those, I think the climate control is only available if you have the heated hose, at least that is my theory cause I haven't found it on mine. The rest are there.

I think you are probably right about the heated hose. I like the idea of a pressure relief setting to reduce pressure when exhaling so that is the setting I am most interested in being able to access. I just sent an email asking for the clinician manual. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 06:47 PM)jhtrader Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 06:38 PM)justMongo Wrote: I think there is a setting in the clinician menu to give the patient full or limited access to what you can control.

Thanks. I accessed the clinician menu but didn't see anything to change so that I could see that. Will request the CPAP Setup Manual - thanks!

There is an option int eh Clinician menu that is something like extended (I am not at my machine right now) and you need to set that and then you can see the clinician data is the report screen.

I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 07:41 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 06:47 PM)jhtrader Wrote:

There is an option int eh Clinician menu that is something like extended (I am not at my machine right now) and you need to set that and then you can see the clinician data is the report screen.

Don't see that but already set the Essentials to Essentials Plus - maybe that is what you are referring too. Still not giving me access to the "Pressure Relief" setting. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 07:49 PM)jhtrader Wrote: Don't see that but already set the Essentials to Essentials Plus - maybe that is what you are referring too. Still not giving me access to the "Pressure Relief" setting. Thanks.

Yup, Essentials, and nope, it is access to more values when looking at your sleep report. I think what you are looking for is Exhale Pressure Relief? If so, it is in the Clinician Menu -> Comfort -> EPR = ON/OFF.

You can turn it on and set the amount the pressure is reduced when exhaling, or you can turn it off and it will be more PURE CPAP with inhale and exhale the same pressure.

Frank
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 07:54 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 07:49 PM)jhtrader Wrote: Don't see that but already set the Essentials to Essentials Plus - maybe that is what you are referring too. Still not giving me access to the "Pressure Relief" setting. Thanks.

Yup, Essentials, and nope, it is access to more values when looking at your sleep report. I think what you are looking for is Exhale Pressure Relief? If so, it is in the Clinician Menu -> Comfort -> EPR = ON/OFF.

You can turn it on and set the amount the pressure is reduced when exhaling, or you can turn it off and it will be more PURE CPAP with inhale and exhale the same pressure.

Frank

I set the EPR to 3 which is the same setting I had on my S9. I am pretty sure there is an additional setting for some reason labeled "Pressure Relief" in addition to the EPR. Seems redundant but that is what the video shows and what was posted on here on a review posting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 08:33 PM)jhtrader Wrote: I set the EPR to 3 which is the same setting I had on my S9. I am pretty sure there is an additional setting for some reason labeled "Pressure Relief" in addition to the EPR. Seems redundant but that is what the video shows and what was posted on here on a review posting.

Er, you want a "Pressure Relief" in *addition* to the "Expiratory Pressure Relief" you just set to 3????

nope.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 18 346 10 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.