Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hunidifier and a sense of suffocating
hunidifier and a sense of suffocating
Hey, I fill up on the humidifier  with water every few weeks when I see the water in it starting to run out. I wanted to know how often you change the water in the  humidifier, and also how you put the water in the tank, with a kettle or something because after I boil the water (not through the kettle) I have no way to transfer them to the tank except pour with a bowl and then full of water wasted.

Another thing the last few mornings I feel suffocating that I get up but not because I had a respiratory arrest or something simply because I feel the device does not exhale enough air and the air it exhales is very thin as if I take a breath and comes to take another but no air, and at night when I go to sleep it is not That way (I cleaned the filter several times already and it's not because of that), I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced it

My pressures are between 5.5-9
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hunidifier and a sense of suffocating
A Google search found this feature called CC+ that will help you breath out against the pressure.

Comfort Calibration (CC+):
CC+ is a feature that makes breathing more comfortable during inhalation and exhalation. It is automatic so it does not require the pressure relief level to be pre-set.
It fully adapts to the patient's respiratory cycles while maintaining efficacy and comfort.

The feeling of suffocation is probably due to the low pressure you are using.  

Try resetting your pressures to Minimum 6cm and a Maximum of 10cm.  Also turn on the CC+ feature. (not sure what setting your machine offers), but this is a "exhale relief pressure feature" that will help you breathe against the pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,326 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 389 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 350 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 357 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 903 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.