Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset + Climateline humidification settings
Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset + Climateline humidification settings
I'm using the Resmed Autosense Autoset 10 with Climateline Oxy + 2L of Oxygen hooked up.  The Climateline Oxy is just like the regualr Climateline but with a built-in connector for an Oxygen Concentrator.  Resmed N20 Nasal mask.

Trying to get better Humidification settings.......  I'm in Colorado about 25-35% humidity, Keeping room at around 69-70 Degrees during the summer/fall.

Tried:
  • Auto Humidity/Temp:   Temp was too high for me.  I don't like the warm 81+ degree air so much.  Maybe I need to try to get used to it.
  • Tried 75 Degrees temp, Auto Humidity:  Temp was good, but a little to dry.  Sore throat in the morning.
  • 75 Degrees, 5 Humidity: Still a little dry but better.   Water dripping around the nasal part of the mask in the morning  Not in the tube..I think.
  • 75 Degrees, 6 humidity:  Best humidity for my throat, but water in mask and hose.
Any suggestions?

Questions:
  • Will increasing the temperature let me have higher humidity without water?  Mask only or hose?   Maybe try 78/5?  Just wondering if I should keep experimenting with temp/humidity or give up?
  • When I set temp to 75, and humidity to auto, in Sleepyhead it showed Humidity being 4.   Is that some preset in the machine based on Temp and relative humidity? Is this accurate?  IE..did the machine actually use 4 the whole night?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset + Climateline humidification settings
Keep changing the settings till youget comfortable. As far as the water in hose hang it up above you head. So what you do is set your machine a little lower than your head hang up the tube above your head. That should keep the water droplets (rain out) from getting to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried again last night with 77, 5. I think 5 is a good humidification setting. Still had a little water in the nose mask. I didn't notice any in the climateline hose. A few tiny drops in the non-climateline part of the hose.

Will raising or lowering temp change anything at this point? I think I'd like to keep it at 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try just raising it 1 degree at a time. I had mine set at 6 and 81 and had some condensation. Taking it up 1 degree to 82 got rid of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the auto setting on both the hose and humidifier temperature?

I played with settings on a manual basis early in my treatment but ultimately found the auto settings eliminated rain out and problems but still provided a good humidification level on most nights.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
They make hose covers that help with rain out. They even make short ones to fit mask hoses. You could also use an old sock with the toe end cut open. A couple of rubberbands to hold it in place and you'd be setup to try it out. It's worth a try.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 448 33 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 473 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,242 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,268 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.