Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autosense 11 question
Resmed Autosense 11 question
Anyone else have an issue with the Resmed AS11 humidifier throwing a "humidifier fault" error?

Seems every time I refill and replace the water tank, when I power on the unit I get a flashing yellow icon and a "Humidifier Fault" error. I am prompted to unplug the power cord to re-set the unit. This has worked each time so far, but not sure why I am getting the error in the first place, or why the power reset resolves the error. I have searched the user's manual and can't find any reason for the error. I am careful not to overfill the tank (well below Max Fill line), and confirmed no spillage when replacing the tank.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Resmed Autosense 11 question
(01-06-2022, 08:40 PM)eroemer Wrote: Any ideas?

Unfortunately, no. I haven't heard anyone complain of this, but if your A11 is under warranty, then go that route.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
http://www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization
OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, never had that on my Airsense 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never seen that message on my Airsense 11.

Best guess, since it happens after mechanical action of removing/re-installing the tank, would be a bad connection at the heating pad, or a defective heating pad.

I recommend warranty service, though I don't know the process for that. If a DME provided the machine, and especially if it is a "rental", then I would start with them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

eroemer,
       No, I have used airsense 11 auto for a month and did not have that problem, HOWEVER ->

I have a month's data from the new airsense 11 auto so I did a comparison with data from previous month on the airsense 10.  WOW!  I got a surprise - In my humble opinion,  the older airsense 10 performed better than the airsense 11! 
(Maybe my apnea got worse? - I don't think so.)  pressure settings were min 5 and max 15 cm for the s11 and min 4 and max 15 for the s 10 other settings very similar.  For the S11, Dec 8 to Jan 8 the AHI (and CA) numbers are much higher than for the S10 for Nov. 7 thru Dec 7.  AND the pressures used to control AHI were significantly lower for the S11 than the S10. 
Why would this be - are the treatment algorithms that different?   (I know, AHI are pretty low)    Steve K.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='429428' dateline='1641779386']
WOW!  I got a surprise - In my humble opinion,  the older airsense 10 performed better than the airsense 1.
[/quote]

Steve - Worth discussing, but totally off-topic for this thread!  Maybe you could start a new thread for comparison of AS10 vs AS11 algorithms?  The topic of THIS thread is an AS11 humidifier fault.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Scott,
    Sorry, I searched for threads for airsense 11 and "Resmed Autosense 11 question" was closest I found.  -S
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Mask vs. Pillows (P30i vs N30i) and Resmed vs. Dreamwear Question sndraco 2 148 Yesterday, 03:44 PM
Last Post: sndraco
  Mask Setting in ResMed AutoSense 10 xhwmikey 2 130 01-21-2022, 04:11 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  [Equipment] My new Resmed 11 autosense has the wrong GMT zone set. dpcalandro 2 92 01-19-2022, 07:37 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  QUESTION ABOUT RESMED 10 SLEEP REPORT Joe Bezz 12 462 09-16-2021, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  New Resmed user question and recommendations on settings xamax 5 366 09-13-2021, 02:53 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Luna II vs Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset Caniss 2 1,689 09-02-2021, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Caniss
  Resmed air mini question pen123 6 372 07-01-2021, 11:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.