Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autosense 11 question
Resmed Autosense 11 question
Anyone else have an issue with the Resmed AS11 humidifier throwing a "humidifier fault" error?

Seems every time I refill and replace the water tank, when I power on the unit I get a flashing yellow icon and a "Humidifier Fault" error. I am prompted to unplug the power cord to re-set the unit. This has worked each time so far, but not sure why I am getting the error in the first place, or why the power reset resolves the error. I have searched the user's manual and can't find any reason for the error. I am careful not to overfill the tank (well below Max Fill line), and confirmed no spillage when replacing the tank.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Autosense 11 question
(01-06-2022, 08:40 PM)eroemer Wrote: Any ideas?

Unfortunately, no. I haven't heard anyone complain of this, but if your A11 is under warranty, then go that route.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, never had that on my Airsense 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never seen that message on my Airsense 11.

Best guess, since it happens after mechanical action of removing/re-installing the tank, would be a bad connection at the heating pad, or a defective heating pad.

I recommend warranty service, though I don't know the process for that. If a DME provided the machine, and especially if it is a "rental", then I would start with them.
Post Reply Post Reply

eroemer,
       No, I have used airsense 11 auto for a month and did not have that problem, HOWEVER ->

I have a month's data from the new airsense 11 auto so I did a comparison with data from previous month on the airsense 10.  WOW!  I got a surprise - In my humble opinion,  the older airsense 10 performed better than the airsense 11! 
(Maybe my apnea got worse? - I don't think so.)  pressure settings were min 5 and max 15 cm for the s11 and min 4 and max 15 for the s 10 other settings very similar.  For the S11, Dec 8 to Jan 8 the AHI (and CA) numbers are much higher than for the S10 for Nov. 7 thru Dec 7.  AND the pressures used to control AHI were significantly lower for the S11 than the S10. 
Why would this be - are the treatment algorithms that different?   (I know, AHI are pretty low)    Steve K.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='429428' dateline='1641779386']
WOW!  I got a surprise - In my humble opinion,  the older airsense 10 performed better than the airsense 1.
[/quote]

Steve - Worth discussing, but totally off-topic for this thread!  Maybe you could start a new thread for comparison of AS10 vs AS11 algorithms?  The topic of THIS thread is an AS11 humidifier fault.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Scott,
    Sorry, I searched for threads for airsense 11 and "Resmed Autosense 11 question" was closest I found.  -S
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 933 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 548 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Question Question on settings on Resmed S9 nbdsv96 1 451 06-12-2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  ResMed BPAP ST-A vs BPAP VAuto - S Mode Only Question cmpman1974 5 610 05-03-2023, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.