Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound
Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound
Hi everyone -

My wife stated that my CPAP started making an alarm-like sound a few times last night (I slept right through it), any ideas what it could be?

She states that it was a steady-pitched, alarm-like sound that lasted for a few minutes each time.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound
Alarms can be set for several things. Most likely it was the large leak alarm.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Get the setup manual and learn to go through the provider manual. There are alarms that can, and should be disabled. No reason to have CPAP alarms.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ibiban,WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2016, 10:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Get the setup manual and learn to go through the provider manual.  There are alarms that can, and should be disabled.  No reason to have CPAP alarms.

Hi,
I also had an alarm (or simular) last night. But I am not able to find something in the clinic manual about this and also not in the clinical setup.
Because Resmed has so many different versions and does no update with firmware, I suppose it is the same problem as with the RERAs which are not indicated with my unit. I have Resmed Airsense 10 autoset, version: SX567-0305, got it new about 4 month ago.

If anybody can explain or send a link to solve this problem, please let me know. Thanks, Christian
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd have to ask why the wifey didn't wake you up to make sure you are okay, unless she was hoping for a different outcome. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
was not in same room...i will forward your question to her...
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a guess and is based off the S9, so maybe they carried over to the A10. There is a section named, "Reminders" in the clinical setup mode. One of these parameters may be turned on and use an alarm to remind you to check the filter, mask, or other stuff.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2017, 07:00 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: This is a guess and is based off the S9, so maybe they carried over to the A10.  There is a section named, "Reminders" in the clinical setup mode.  One of these parameters may be turned on and use an alarm to remind you to check the filter, mask, or other stuff.

Good point, I wonder if mine will alarm in the middle of the night, which I guess it will since the only time it is on is at night.  Guess I need a written reminder or one in my phone.
Post Reply Post Reply
no, these reminders for mask change, filter change and simular are all set off, there must be another alarm.... or I have been dreaming Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 146 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 405 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 178 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 222 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,210 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 277 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 197 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.