Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autoset 10 not recording usage properly
Resmed Autoset 10 not recording usage properly
Hi There
I have travelled to Europe from Australia and my Resmed Autoset 10 is doing something really strange. It is not recording the usage hrs properly. For example, I used it the first night for 6 hrs and and at the end of the session, it said 3:36 hrs. Any clues?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Autoset 10 not recording usage properly
My guess is that the time zone difference is causing a hiccup. The Resmed "day" runs from 12 noon to 12 noon the next day. If your machine is set to Melbourne time then you probably slept through Melbourne's noon. The missing hours will be credited to the next day.

You can overcome this by setting the machine to local time, but that raises problems of its own. So unless it's a permanent or long term relocation to Europe I'd just leave things alone and be aware the machine is splitting your night's data over two days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 04:14 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: My guess is that the time zone difference is causing a hiccup. The Resmed "day" runs from 12 noon to 12 noon the next day. If your machine is set to Melbourne time then you probably slept through Melbourne's noon. The missing hours will be credited to the next day.

You can overcome this by setting the machine to local time, but that raises problems of its own. So unless it's a permanent or long term relocation to Europe I'd just leave things alone and be aware the machine is splitting your night's data over two days.

Thanks for that, if I wanted to change the time zone, how would I do it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 01:11 PM)nanbar Wrote: Thanks for that, if I wanted to change the time zone, how would I do it?

Go into the clinicians menu and change the date and time. Just remember that you can’t go backwards in time if you’ve already had a session after 12 noon. So change the time after 12 noon and before your next session. So if you’ve had a nap say between 2 and 4pm you’ll need to wait till the next day after 12 noon to change the time.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Osiris is right - setting the clock back will just give you an error message unless you do it incrementally as he described.

Personally for short trips (up to a few weeks) I just leave the time setting alone. It doesn't affect the way the machine works and unless I'm checking the data every day then I don't notice the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll just say the Philips machines do not allow users to change the time, and the machine is set to UTC from the factory. This is not an alarm clock. If you are changing through many time zones or crossing the date line, do not change the time. The point is, how many hours of therapy in a 24 hour period are you using the machine, not what time you actually used it.

I remember when traveling from the U.S. to Korea on business a whole day went by that did not require meals, hotel or other reimbursement from my employer. On the way home, I actually arrived before I left, and the accounting department wanted to deny reimbursement for two dinners in the same day. Resmed PAP machines similarly may deny correcting the date and time. It's easier to just stay on "home time".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 42 2 hours ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,388 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 131 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 197 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 139 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 590 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 228 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.