Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autoset S10 awakens me with high pressure - won't ease off, even after waking
RE: Resmed Autoset S10 awakens me with high pressure - won't ease off, even after waking
(01-26-2017, 09:06 AM)Sleepy Ash Wrote: Were you able to resolve this issue? If so, what worked? I'm 3 nights into my cpap therapy with my ResMed AirSense 10, and it also wakes me when it seems to get "stuck" at 12.5 once or twice a night. I don't know very much about this, but when the screen shows my pressure, it starts out at 4. The range it displays in the corner is 6-16. I have tried to make adjustments based on another thread here, but I can not figure out how to do so; (Will bust out the manuals tonight, as this issue is very annoying.) Also, I am still in my rental period with my Anthem insurance. Will making adjustments against my prescription range cause them to not buy the machine???

Ash, your settings can be accessed by simply pressing the control knob and home button at the same time.  That gives you access to the clinical settings.  My guess is that you have a minimum pressure of 6.0 and maximum of 16.0, but have a starting ramp pressure of 4.0.  My suggestions is to turn off ramp so only the min and max are in effect.  If pressures above 12.5 disrupt your sleep, you may want to limit maximum pressure to 12.0.  This may allow some events to occur, but your sleep is probably more important.

Once you have 4 posts you can posts some data and we can make more definite recommendations.  Be sure to download #Sleepyhead so you have a good idea of what is really happening.  Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 50 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 65 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,322 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 409 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 236 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 23 543 03-13-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 171 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.