Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autoset Spirit - help
Resmed Autoset Spirit - help
Hi, I received a Resmed Autoset Spirit from a relative who passed away. I am current user of a Resmed System 1 and use a nasal pillow mask. I would like to use the spirit as my spare unit at our cottage. Ideally I'd like to know a few things. Hope someone can answer these questions.

1) is this machine compatible with my resmed Swift fx? (I assumed yes)
2) I have requested a clinical manual from this site so I would like to program my same pressure as my system one. Any concerns on compatibility?
3) the rear of the spirit has a filter chamber. The lid seems to be missing and so I'd need a part (the lid and the filter that fits). Where do you recommend I look for this? Used lid is preferable. New filter of course.
4) the unit I have has no humidifier. My system one does. So would like to get the humidifier part used. Any advise?

Thanks for any help that can be provided!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Autoset Spirit - help
There are two Autoset Spirit machines: the Autoset Spirit is in the S7 family (measures about 9" X 9"), and the Autoset Spirit II is in the S8 family (measures about 6" X 6"). You will need to know whether you have an S7 or an S8 before purchasing parts. In answer to your questions:
1) Any machine is compatible with any mask.
2) The numbers for the pressure are the same regardless of which machine you use. (I'm not sure if this is what you meant).
3) If you need to purchase a filter cover, I doubt that you can find a used one. Just go down the supplier list until you find one (new). I'm not sure if it will still be available. Filters cost very little from the online suppliers.
4) Supplier no. 2 has used S8 humidifiers for $50 (see the supplier list). I'm not aware of anyone who sells S7 humidifiers.
If you're unable to put together a usable system, supplier no. 2 sells inexpensive used CPAP equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2012, 10:54 PM)Pocketneo Wrote: I am current user of a Resmed System
which one?

Not sure how old is the autoset spirit or if spare parts are available.
As you have guessed, The machine is compatible with Swift FX

Welcome to the forum
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2012, 11:30 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-17-2012, 10:54 PM)Pocketneo Wrote: I am current user of a Resmed System
which one?

I think he meant his main machine is a PR System One.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2012, 11:34 PM)big_dave Wrote: I think he meant his main machine is a PR System One.
Thanks
Maybe I need to take a nap Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pocketneo, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! If you were talking about the "PRSystem 1," that is a "Phillips Respironics" brand machine. Best of luck finding parts for your "Resmed" machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, sorry my bad.
My main unit is Resporonix System One. Not resmed system one. Sorry!
My extra unit I got is the Resmed Autoset Spirit. But I am unable to tell if it is an S7 or S8. I needto measure it but it seems more like the 9x9 size Anyone know how I can be certain? I checked the backside serial sticker and no luck. The manual I got from this site has it right in that it looks the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
Btw, I think it is an S7. I googled both s7 and s8 and I see the S7 has the same button structure. So that rules out supplied 2 for the humidifier. I am curious if I can use the unit without the filter cover in the back. What painmifmi can't find that part.
Post Reply Post Reply
    If this picture is your device then the specs follow with the model of the humidifier ( I hope the picture shows)

Vendor ResMed Corp
Item ResMed AutoSet Spirit™
Features
•Modular design, fits easily on a nightstand
•Automatic altitude adjustment
•Automatic international power converter
•Ramp, Settling and SmartStart/Stop options
•Compliance data available via LCD interface
•Large buttons and user-friendly patient menus
•Includes premium travel case
•Extremely reliable, high-quality device
•High-tech sound baffling reduces noise dramatically
Product Number
Dimensions
14.2 cm x 23.1 cm x 26.9 cm (5.6 inches x 9.1 inches x 10.6 inches)
Power / Battery
Direct-connect cord
Weight
2.3 Kg (5.07 lbs) - flow generator only
3.2 Kg (7.05 lbs) - with HumidAire 2i
Pressure Range
4 cm to 20 cm H2O
Ramp
Yes
Heated Humidifier
Optional HumidAire 2i™
Auto Altitude Adjustment
Yes
Post Reply Post Reply
That's it. The Resmed Autoset Spirit. But the heated humidity at the end is a bit deceiving as there is no such attachment. Though it also says optional HumidAire. So, is this the S7?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 349 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 594 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 678 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.