Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Cellular Service
Resmed Cellular Service
The cellular icon on my Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto has been showing a circle with a line through it indicating no service .
I e-mailed Resmed and the following is the reply I received :

Wed., May 20 at 1:48 p.m.

[Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fresmed-amr.my.sal...bHzNdw--~C]

Thank you for contacting ResMed.

The data connectivity issue you are experiencing may be related to the recent telecommunication companies’ decision to shut down their CDMA networks in your area. Some of ResMed’s Air10 devices communicate data wirelessly using the CDMA networks in Canada and as a result of the telecommunication companies’ decision ResMed cannot guarantee wireless connectivity for Air10 devices communicating on CDMA networks.

Please note your Air10 device will continue to function as intended. The performance of your device will not be affected by a lack of wireless connectivity. Additionally, the data on your Air10 device will still be accessible through SD card technology if it is requested by your care provider. You will find simplified instructions on how to download and email data from your Air10 device’s SD card at: ResMed.com/sdcardfaq.

If you are currently using myAir, our online patient support program, you may notice that your myAir score and data will no longer be available once the CDMA network is shut down. You can continue to use myAir to access videos and guides about your equipment and treatment.

If you have any questions regarding this notification, please contact your care provider.

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the decision by the telecommunication companies.

Thank you,

ResMed Customer Care

If anyone else has the same problem with their Resmed machines in Canada the above will provide you with the reason .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Cellular Service
Yeah, I have the same issue. Were you able to swap out a network card or alter your machine to be able to send to the new network?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an SD card so all my data is on the card . If anyone  such as my sleep doctor or therapist needs any of info I can provide it to them from my SD card .
Post Reply Post Reply
for people with resmed, a sticker in your machine will say cdma or 4g. if it says cdma, it will quit transmitting when 3g is shut off pretty soon in your area. if it says 4g, you're good to go. beware of buying used machines. make sure it's 4g if you want to transmit data.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a used machine. I did not see a sticker. But there is modem information in the settings menu. The last item is "about". This gives you a sub-menu with information about software, serial numbers and more. Under internal modem, it said the type is CDMA, the provider was blank, the signal strength was -97dbm. Dbm is a logarithmic scale that can not register no signal. I suspect that -97 is as low as it could measure.
Post Reply Post Reply
CDMA is what they call 3g. when 3g stops this year your machine will stop transmitting or will keep looking for 3g that isn't there. not sure how that part works.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Good info. Wife has an appointment next month. I'll have her take the SD card just in case.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the back of the machine, look for the FCC Id. If it ends with CD, you have a CDMA modem; if it ends with anything else, you have a 4G modem. I don't think you can just swap in a new modem and have it work. OTOH, If you have a CDMA modem, its probably nearly time for a new machine - mine is nearly six years old. On the third (gripping) hand, myAir is pretty useless anyway, so losing it is no real loss.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,799 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Airsense 10 - no more cellular signal? goadventurer 13 12,884 08-12-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: CanadianClub007
  Can My Luna 3b Be 'Bricked' (deactivated) by Doctor or Service? Frostlight 10 1,234 08-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,228 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 461 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cellular 4G to 5G transition: can replace modem in AirSense 10? camper2 8 5,331 08-15-2022, 04:10 AM
Last Post: zellem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.