Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Cleanable tub for H5i
Resmed Cleanable tub for H5i
Hello all,

For my first post to the group I would like to know if anyone has had problems reassembling the cleanable tub for the H5i humidifier? I got mine apart with no problems but after washing I can not seem to get the base plate with the rubber gasket back into the aluminum tub. HELP!!!!

Thanks

Joseph
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Cleanable tub for H5i
welcome to the forum
I don,t have any problem... are you aligning the splay edge sides of the top part and the metal tub together
[Image: resmed-s9-dishwasher-safe-humidiare-wate...antled.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
sometime plastic latch on the outside of the tub slips down. Make sure it is all the way to the top.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JHiggins71, First, WELCOME! to the forum.!
I've been thinking about buying a washable tub but I haven't gotten around to it so I can't help you but, hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2012, 12:36 AM)Patezard Wrote: sometime plastic latch on the outside of the tub slips down. Make sure it is all the way to the top.

I had that happen to me a couple of time.

Just slide the plastic up to the top (the plastic that is all around the outside of the water tub that contains the plastic latches).

If it slips down even a little, it will be too low to be able to make the latches "latch" on.
Post Reply Post Reply
THANK YOU ALL!!! I appreciate your help. I must confess that I spent the better part of an hour last night trying to figure out how to reassemble the tub. The latches were to low to latch the top part so having never used the washable tub I assumed the rubber gasket fit down inside the aluminum tub. It never occured to me that the plastic latches had slid down a bit. Oh well!!! I never claimed to be a rocket scientist!! lol!!

Oh by the way I came across a video on youtube that shows you how to take the disposable tub apart for more thourough cleaning and by gosh it works. I will say the washable tub seems to be better made (Thicker aluminum and plastic) so I will save the disposable one for a backup incase I ever need one.

Thank you again for all your help!

Joseph
Post Reply Post Reply
The "disposable" tub that requires the You Tube Video to take apart is an older version.

The newer version of the "disposable" tub also comes apart like the "cleanable" tub.

But the "disposable" tub (both old & newer versions) are made of aluminum.

The "cleanable" tub is made of stainless steel & is dishwasher safe (except for the middle part that has the gasket on it).
Post Reply Post Reply
There's some sort of residual mystery here. I've had the latch piece slide down, then I've pushed it up and the latches still won't close. Then with some more tinkering, suddenly it will latch even though I haven't slid the latch thing back up any further.

However, sliding it up is a big part of making it work.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello one note I used distilled water and it is a technical fault!!
Please use the aqua distillate purificatta
technical water is very dirty
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2012, 07:18 AM)archangle Wrote: There's some sort of residual mystery here. I've had the latch piece slide down, then I've pushed it up and the latches still won't close. Then with some more tinkering, suddenly it will latch even though I haven't slid the latch thing back up any further.

However, sliding it up is a big part of making it work.

I had to slide mine up only twice in the 9 months I have had them (once each on the disposable tub that also has latches & on the dishwasher safe tub).

Now, before I try to latch them up, I just instinctly make sure it is already all the way up. But, I have never seen where either had slid down again. My guess is that any slippage is very gradual & over a long period of time - probably even caused by the handling while cleaning.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.