Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed ClimateAirLine and Auto Climate Control
Resmed ClimateAirLine and Auto Climate Control
Hi everyone. I have a Resmed Autoset 10 with ClimateAirLine set to auto Climate Control mode. It's supposed to automatically adjust the humidity level to prevent rainout, however every morning when I wake up I find that my nose is too dry. Also my water tank usually has about 1/4 to 1/3 water left behind. I downloaded my SD card data into SleepyHead and ResScan, but was surprised to see it does not show any of my humidity levels.

I tried manually setting humidity to 27°C and level 6. This felt much more comfortable but then my water tank was empty in the morning. What are some more "standard" settings I should start off with? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed ClimateAirLine and Auto Climate Control
I know that when you run the Airsense on Auto climate control that setting is roughly equivelent to manual number 3 on humidity level. So if you're on 6 it is quite a bit higher on the humidity setting. So you could try 5 and see what that does for you.

Be aware that because the machine is shooting for "Relatve Humidity" the amount of water used from the tank can vary somewhat depending on the relative humidity of the room environment. So if you had a room humidifier running and providing additional relative humidity in the room, then your machine will not use as much water from the water tank, so you could supplement with a room humidifier so your tank won't use as much water.

I live in a very dry climate and I like a lot of humidity from my Airsense so I run in manual with number 6 or 7 depending on summer or winter and the hose temp around 83 degrees also depending on the season. If I use the machine for any more than seven hours I can run the tank empty, so my solution was to buy an additional humidifier tub and I fill both before bedtime, when I wake up for a bathroom break in the middle of the night, then I just swap the tubs out to the full one so that way I don't run out of water in the humidifier and I can run the humidity up nice and high for the comfort of my nose and throat.

I've noticed I have much less daytime congestion and sinus issues since using cpap with humidifier, so my sinuses are much better than they ever were before cpap. But all of us are different, some people like a lot of humidity, others like much less.......so it's a very individual comfort feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am assuming that the Airsense Climate Control works close to the same as for the S9. When in auto mode the machine controls the relative humidity to 85% (for the Airsense). There is an air temperature setting in the auto mode. The higher you set the temperature in auto mode the more actual moisture will be in the air (higher absolute humidity). It is the actual moisture level in the air that is important to maintaining the moisture in your nose and throat. With all of this said, if you turn up the temperature in the auto mode you should be able to keep your nose moisturized.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Payton,

There is a difference between the S9 and the new Airsense in the Auto Climate control mode.

ResMed took away the ability to change the hose temperature while operating in auto climate mode on the Airsense. It is set for 85% relative humidity, and 80 F degrees for hose temp, unlike the S9 the only way to change hose temp is to put the climate control in manual and then adjust the humidity level and hose temp independently. It's too bad they did that because I liked the way the S9 worked better, but it's a relatively minor inconvenience.

One other difference is the manual humidity scale is slightly different.......the setting range on the Airsense humidity settings are off, or 1 through 8 with 8 being the highest humidity. I think the S9 scale was slightly different.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, exactly the kind of advice I was looking for!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP Keesh23 10 251 04-06-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 231 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 163 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 1,080 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,504 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 311 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 433 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.