Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Climateline and Climateline Max hoses
Resmed Climateline and Climateline Max hoses
I use Resmed s9 cpap with H 5 humidifier. I have used the climateline hose for years but now they come with a musty smell. My supplier switched me to Climateline MAX hose and all was well for a time. Now they too are musty smelling. They tell me to wash the hose in vinegar but I do not want to start a hose with problems. They can't help. I am on my own. Any suggestions??? HELP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Climateline and Climateline Max hoses
I have an Airsence 10. My DME told me to rinse the humidifier and my nasal pillows daily. Was everything weekly in some warm water and Johnson Baby shampoo. I haven't had any smells other than the small of the shampoo. I only use about six drops to three gallons of warm water.
Post Reply Post Reply
Soak the hose in white vinegar and cold water for at least 15 minutes, rinse with hot water and let air dry. I have never had a problem with my ClimateLine hose; I wash and soak it weekly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had some extra money in my flex spending account so I bought the SoClean cpap cleaning machine. You place your mask inside the machine. It then blows ozone through the water tank to the hose then through the mask sanitizing everything. It really made a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the same climateline hose for about 10 months without any odor. Once per week I submerge it in a basin of warm water with dish soap liquid. I then brush it out for most of its length with a tube brush (cant get the the other end because of the right angle connector). I then rince and dry
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi D McG,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You want to make sure your hose is getting completely dry each time you wash it. Wash it in the morning then hang it up on a shower rod or something like that, so it will be dry by the time you go to bed. Another thing you can do if you have an old CPAP machine you aren't using, you can attach your hose to it and let it run to make sure your hose is dry. Or, there is a company that makes CPAP dryers, it's called the hurricane CPAP dryer and they work very well.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi I am talking about a musty smell from a brand new, unused Climateline Max tubing. They have now sent me a second tube and they both have a horrible smell just out of the bag (same Lot #). My supplier basically says don't worry, just use it. All their supply of this tubing has the same lot batch number. I called Resmed and they said I have to deal with my supplier. I am not having odors with my old tubing, just the new one. Am I the only one who has gotten a musty smelling NEW tube??--------------------------------------------
Now about my old tubing that I am still using, How do I truly clean the old tube so I don't have sniffles every morning? I clean it every week with soap and water and let it totally dry, and last week cleaned it with 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water. I have sniffles and sneezes in morning that goes away later in the day. This is new for me. That is why I wanted to use a new tubing. Thanks for any answers. (PS, my s9 Resmed BiPAP machine is a year old. Dr. switched me from CPAP to Bipap about a year ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
trish6hundred --- Thank you for your reply. Actually I do use my old machine to blow out the hose. After I turn it of it evens continues to blow for an added time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash the hose and mask before using, don't like the factory smell

Just warm soapy water and hook the hose to the hot water tap and let run for a while
Having a spare is always a good idea
You can also use a hose brush, to clean inside of the hose
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2015, 04:21 PM)D McG Wrote: Hi I am talking about a musty smell from a brand new, unused Climateline Max tubing. They have now sent me a second tube and they both have a horrible smell just out of the bag (same Lot #). My supplier basically says don't worry, just use it. All their supply of this tubing has the same lot batch number. I called Resmed and they said I have to deal with my supplier. I am not having odors with my old tubing, just the new one. Am I the only one who has gotten a musty smelling NEW tube??--------------------------------------------
Now about my old tubing that I am still using, How do I truly clean the old tube so I don't have sniffles every morning? I clean it every week with soap and water and let it totally dry, and last week cleaned it with 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water. I have sniffles and sneezes in morning that goes away later in the day. This is new for me. That is why I wanted to use a new tubing. Thanks for any answers. (PS, my s9 Resmed BiPAP machine is a year old. Dr. switched me from CPAP to Bipap about a year ago.
I just got mine in the mail today and it smells musty. I didn't think to wash it since it is new. It reeks though. It also made my humidifier start making a clicking noise which apparently is the software and is common. It is annoying. This is my first week on cpap. I am not sure about this...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 150 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 390 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,134 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 and climateline o2 Teeleidor 5 580 09-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 810 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  hose climateline vibrating koy23 1 520 12-14-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Climateline heated hose - broken or bad connection Wondering2 0 988 12-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wondering2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.