Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Curve 10 ASV
Resmed Curve 10 ASV
I have just started using a ASV machine it is set to auto , after about 3hr of use each night it starts blowing very strong
I have tried blowing back in the mask but doesn't help much , is there any setting that may help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Curve 10 ASV
jethroc,  Welcome

It would help other users if you posted a screenshot of your "Daily" graphs.  For Windows use the F12 key, for Mac use fn+f12.  You can also use the menu bar and select View > Take Screenshot.  The Daily page has important info that can help others give you advice on your settings.
There is a link in my signature to a wiki page that helps explain how to post a screenshot.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I'm new at this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your ASV is not increasing EPAP pressure and is also set to a very long ramp of about 30 minutes. In this chart at 22:50 you have large leaks that continue over an hour. The Pressure support is variable following those leaks and your respiratory flow is also irregular. I have some ideas that might work to calm your therapy, but understand that like any titration process it is basically a trial and error process, so while I hope it improves your experience, it may not. With EPAP min 5.0 and unknown maximum (bottom of chart is cut-off), your EPAP ranges from 5.0 to 7.0. We can limit your EPAP to that range without affecting therapy in any way. Your PS ranges from 3.0 to 17.0 and I think we can significantly limit the maximum PS and prevent some of the hard blowing. For most of our members, PS min 3.0 and PS max 12.0 is generally sufficient to manage CA and hypopnea and can be more comfortable than a higher PS range. Finally, Resmed does not recommend the use of Ramp with this machine. There is no ASV therapy during ramp and events are not recorded. By turning it off, you have a better opportunity to establish a good mask fit while you're still awake. If you must use ramp, change it to the Auto setting which will turn off ramp when it detects sleep breathing.

Try these lower ranges for EPAP and PS and see if that improves your comfort and therapy experience. We can review the results tomorrow and see if we should restore some PS, or perhaps even reduce PS max further.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to AB.

There is a lot of tweaking of the settings necessary to figure out what is optimum with ASV. I got pretty close within several months and then just needed a few refinements along the way. I would make an adjustment and test it for about a week to make a final determination if there was improvement. Improvement in either efficacy of treatment or improvement in comfort. I like using the ramp for 5 minutes because it takes me 5 to 8 minutes to fall asleep. The 5 minutes of lost therapy is actually helpful for me. If my centrals are kicking in early during those 5 minutes, I may still actually fall asleep, but the machine doesn't "blast" me and keep me awake. After I'm asleep, I won't wake if it needs to increase pressure.

Like I always say, if the pressure is high enough to keep waking you, then what's the point?

You can see my settings in the sidebar. Whenever IPAP gets over 17, aerophagia becomes a big problem for me. If IPAP is below 8 or so, I can feel starved for air. So, as long as I keep within those parameters, life is good. My AHI averages about 1.0 now. And I am very comfortable.

I settled on the F30 mask which seems to work great as a side-sleeper. Not much leakage, good fit, no sore spots, love the quick disconnect elbow. Don't hesitate to make adjustments, but at least give them a chance of 2 to 3 nights to evaluate the change, unless you determine that the change is completely unacceptable.

Keep us updated.  Eat-popcorn
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 222 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow curve shape - what does it say? pezhead99 17 1,300 10-20-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
Sad [Treatment] Air Curve CPAP mode vs Asv Mode treatment central apnea Emtvalenti 2 508 05-28-2023, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  [Pressure] Air curve 10 lowering pressure to sleep first test Emtvalenti 0 383 05-19-2023, 05:13 PM
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 402 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
  Seems Resmed 10 curve has changed Billmt 1 451 03-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Looking for Advice on Effectiveness of Bipap Air Curve 10 ST-A cmpman1974 2 769 02-07-2023, 10:01 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.