Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Database Location
Resmed Database Location
I'm moving the Resmed software to a new computer and have a few years of data I'd like to move to the new machine as well. Does anyone have any advice on doing that or locating the files/database that store the profile and accumulated data.
Also, will the latest version use the earlier versions of the data v 3.16 to v 5.4 if anyone has tried it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Database Location
You didn't mention what OS you are using. I can only say for certain on Windows 7. I believe 8 is similar.

On Windows 7
The ResMed patient data is stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed
I've seen compliance reports stored here: C:\Users\yourlogin\Documents\ResMed
The program files are stored here: C:\Program Files\ResMed
because that is stored in Program Files, any changes you have made to reports for example, will be stored here:
C:\Users\yourlogin\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ResMed
Unless you run your program "as Administrator" in which case those changes will be in C:\Program Files\ResMed instead of in the VirtualStore.

If you cannot find your patient data in the above folder, check the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ResMed\ASR\DataManager and look for PatientsFolder.

Sorry I cannot answer about the earlier version of the data. I know it can view 5.3 in 5.4. That's when I started using ResScan.

Hope that helps.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 05:55 AM)AlanE Wrote: You didn't mention what OS you are using. I can only say for certain on Windows 7. I believe 8 is similar.

On Windows 7
The ResMed patient data is stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed <-------
because that is stored in Program Files, any changes you have made to reports for example, will be stored here:
Unless you run your program "as Administrator" in which case those changes will be in C:\Program Files\ResMed instead of in the VirtualStore.

If you cannot find your patient data in the above folder, check the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ResMed\ASR\DataManager and look for PatientsFolder.

Sorry I cannot answer about the earlier version of the data. I know it can view 5.3 in 5.4. That's when I started using ResScan.

Hope that helps.

Alan nailed it. (Almost) You drill down from there.
Here's a fragment of a line from a backup script I wrote to copy my data file to my NAS.
"%PUBLIC%\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\Mongo, Just"
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sir-SnoresAlot,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 10:15 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-17-2015, 05:55 AM)AlanE Wrote: You didn't mention what OS you are using. I can only say for certain on Windows 7. I believe 8 is similar.

On Windows 7
The ResMed patient data is stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed <-------

Hope that helps.

Alan nailed it. (Almost) You drill down from there.
Here's a fragment of a line from a backup script I wrote to copy my data file to my NAS.
"%PUBLIC%\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\Mongo, Just"

Alan, Mongo,
Thanks so much for the help. I had missed the public folder trees in my earlier searches, but after your suggestion, I was able to locate it. Another oddity that I noticed even though I am running 64 bit Windows 7 and (8.1 now), I noticed that my version installs in "Program Files(x86)" instead of the 64 bit executable paths like yours. It may be due to the earlier version I first installed and I will be trying to upgrade/reinstall with the newer version also to see if it moves to the same folder as yours.
Great info and I hope to see if the newer one works too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 02:21 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Sir-SnoresAlot,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Hi Trish6hundred,
Thanks for the welcome. This has been a good experience and help. I appreciate your attention and good wishes.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2015, 03:36 PM)Sir-SnoresAlot Wrote: Alan, Mongo,
Thanks so much for the help. I had missed the public folder trees in my earlier searches, but after your suggestion, I was able to locate it. Another oddity that I noticed even though I am running 64 bit Windows 7 and (8.1 now), I noticed that my version installs in "Program Files(x86)" instead of the 64 bit executable paths like yours. It may be due to the earlier version I first installed and I will be trying to upgrade/reinstall with the newer version also to see if it moves to the same folder as yours.
Great info and I hope to see if the newer one works too.

You're correct. "Program Files (x86)" is the correct folder for a 32-bit app in a 64-bit environment. I don't believe they have a 64-bit version of ResScan. It was my mistake to assume "Program Files" since I run 32-bit on this machine. I apologize for that error. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Updating the locations for 64-bit and the correction that justMongo made.

On Windows 7 and 8
--------------------
The ResMed patient data is stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\your, name

On 32-bit windows, the program files are stored here: C:\Program Files\ResMed
On 64-bit windows, the program files are stored here: C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed

Because that is stored in Program Files, any changes you have made to reports for example, will be stored here:
32-bit: C:\Users\yourlogin\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ResMed
64-Bit: C:\Users\yourlogin\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ResMed
Unless you run your program "as Administrator" in which case those changes will be in the program files folder indicated above instead of in the VirtualStore.

Hopefully that will help anyone searching for them in the future.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Location of Humidity Settings on Aircurve 10 bluemom51 4 1,250 03-17-2019, 07:04 PM
Last Post: bluemom51
  Airsense 10 ambient light sensor location EMD886 3 4,732 02-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Methods to detect apnoea location napnaptime 5 2,213 11-24-2015, 11:09 AM
Last Post: napnaptime
  CPAP Machine Database krelvin 4 3,143 05-11-2015, 05:52 AM
Last Post: iSnore
  Location for leakage and resolution info PaytonA 2 1,942 12-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Please Edit Your User Profile to Include Your Location Cutter 32 16,849 04-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.