Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Escape Auto VS Autoset and headgear sizing
RE: Resmed Escape Auto VS Autoset and headgear sizing
Glad you are going to go for it, Spiker! I've seen many people return their "bricks" for fully functioning machines when they realized what they had been stuck with. Since you've only had yours a very short time, hopefully you will have no problem.

I think they have some nerve jerking you around about the mask as well as the machine. Prices online that I've seen are the same for both the regular and the For Her Quattro, so they are just suiting themselves at the expense of their customers.

I, for one, appreciate that you would like the pink. I was very depressed about having to go on APAP until I saw the ResMed machines and mask options, and when I saw the pink I was actually excited about it. It just made a world of difference mentally - and that's where it's at when it comes to APAP. A lifelong life altering experience with plenty of adjustments to lifestyle and one's self image means the user needs all the help s/he can get with comfort and, yes, style. The pink autosets don't cost any more than the gray autoset, either. If you want a red washing machine, you have to pay a premium, and everyone is only too eager to sell you one. Why should anyone want to deny your choice of something that's going to spend at least 5 years sitting right in your bedroom staring you in the face, and not buried in the basement or laundry room? /rant

Have fun choosing a skin! Smile Now, that's personalization!
To sleep; perchance to dream...
[Image: resmedforher.gif]
[Image: Sleepwellpink1_zps36e39dba.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Even though I'm a female, I cannot stand the color pink. My mother always wears pink. Always. And lace. She still wonders if I was switched at birth with some other girl. Ha. She can wish!

I've joked about covering mine in stickers but I get dirty looks from my better half. I must admit I like the chrome. MUCH much better than the fugly S7 I had. And about a third of the size.

The only pink I like is P!nk! She rocks.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2013, 09:40 AM)renatae Wrote: Glad you are going to go for it, Spiker! I've seen many people return their "bricks" for fully functioning machines when they realized what they had been stuck with. Since you've only had yours a very short time, hopefully you will have no problem.

As I have been told by my supplier, they assume that a "brick" is all that a person needs and therefore make it standard issue. I had to argue for quite some time before they caved in.

And when I consider that it's apparently not going to cost me extra and my supplier will have the larger profit from the government who pays for my CPAP I wonder why they were so hesitant to begin with.
I just wish I knew about APAP in the beginning but everything is so different from when I first started on CPAP in the late 1990s.
Post Reply Post Reply
First off, pink truly is not my thing but for a lifelong item sitting next to my bed I want fun. After only 3 nights I am looking forward to going to bed for the first time. Tomorrow when I get up...refreshed.... I am going to call the DME and tell them what I want. If that does not work then I will call my Dr for a 'dispense as written' script. I am fortunate, my primary Dr has sleep apnea so he in the ring with me. The fact that he is a DO, not an MD, should help too because he wants me to be in control of my health.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please keep us up to date! We like cheering folks on.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, do let us know, Spiker!

Paula, you must hate to see my posts in pink, LOL.

[Image: PinkPower2_zpsc1ccdaab.gif]
To sleep; perchance to dream...
[Image: resmedforher.gif]
[Image: Sleepwellpink1_zps36e39dba.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, DME's forget they are not a physician and are simply a glorified equipment supplier and I am the consumer. I had to remind mine of that. So I got my ducks in a row, knew all my insurance information, called Resmed and got technical info on the sizes and called them this morning. I told them I wanted to me able to monitor my own health and they actually told me I could with the brick. I reminded him that compliance information is not how I can monitor my health and that they never gave me a choice and I needed to know how he was going to correct this because I wanted the Resmed Autoset for her. That I was the one that needed to look at it everyday and I want what I want and then reminded him that it was the same insurance code. He actually had the guts to tell me that was what the problem was because the Autoset is more expensive. I reminded him that was not my problem. I also told him the headgear he gave me which was the standard medium was too big and I wanted the small. He tried to tell me they did not make a small so I had to let him know I already spoke to Resmed this morning. I wish I could have seen his face.
He said he would need to call me back.

I then went to my Dr office and gave them exactly what I wanted and requested they fax a dispense as written script over to the DME today.

I think what really put me over the edge was when he said it cost them too much for their profit margin. I specifically chose this DME because they are husband and wife owners of a small business and they are both respiratory therapists. My husband and I run a small painting business and we would never make decisions for our customers. I even went to them instead of making them come to me because I know every penny counts for a business. For them to actually say that!

Flash forward 1 hr. The DME called back and said no problem, they would have me return the machine and I could order from a company that will carry what I want.

So I called Resmed back to find distributors in my area and found out the one I have been dealing with is no longer a distributor.
So now I am back to square one but more informed. What a nightmare!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if I should start a new post for this question as it arose as I start a new DME search. Since my primary care doctor is the one managing my sleep apnea, why do the DME's need to have the sleep study papers he received along with the sleep centers recommendations and his prescription? The doctor that read the study recommended a completely different recommendation from the respiratory therapist that completed the study. So my Dr actually called her up and recommended something different on my script. I had a slight issue with the first DME, they eventually just said they did not care what the study info was as long as the script was diagnostically specific.
Post Reply Post Reply
How very odd. It could be they need it to be specific in order to validate it for insurance reasons. Even then, they don't need the sleep report, just the diagnosis, pressure, and permission to dispense.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2013, 09:40 AM)renatae Wrote: I, for one, appreciate that you would like the pink.
Quote:Have fun choosing a skin! Smile Now, that's personalization!

I like pink. But it's not my colour. Pink triangles maybe.
Green. Green is my colour. But I don't understand how these "skins" are used. Can the end user apply/install them or is it more involved than that? How does it work?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 362 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 108 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.