Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points
Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points
My F20 foam cushion has developed a tiny split in the foam, right at the apex (top most point) right in the middle of where the nose bridge is.  I am guessing it wont be long until the spit goes through the foam completely and the mask will be toast.

If you have using an F20 Touch (foam) and the cushion has broken down or failed, What was the failure point for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points
I use the Airtouch F20 and find it needs to be changed often--I have gotten 60 days out of only one in 2 years. I usually change at Resmed's recommended 30 day usage period. I've never had damage in a mask. How long are you using one? I use an antibacterial wipe on mine each morning and all is well so far. Awhile back a bunch of problems were observed and many got their faulty cushions replaced but I missed those days, thankfully. If this cushion is less than 30 days old and you have properly maintained it (no water) I would contact your supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points
thanks sidesleeper:  I am not working through insurance so I want to make the cushions last if possible.

I used an air fit (silicone) cushion for 6 months without problems and I guess I'm at about 45 days on this foam cushion.

I use 2 of the foam cushions and alternate them so they have a good chance to dry out after the baby wipe treatment.

I noticed a very very small split happening in almost the same location on my second cushion!

Has anyone had success in repairing the problems with the F20 foam Touch?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,602 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 222 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,282 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 250 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 468 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 1,980 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.