Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed F20 cushion question
Resmed F20 cushion question
On my Resmed F20 it has these things sticking off the cushion that the harness attaches too. I'm looking for a replacement for the memory foam because it is breaking down but when I look at pics for the replacement cushion, none of them have the wing looking things sticking off of them that the harness attaches too. Is that something else I need to buy or do they pop off so I can move them to the new one. I don't want to break them but they feel pretty well affixed to the plastic part of the cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed F20 cushion question
(12-11-2019, 01:55 PM)17WRX Wrote: On my Resmed F20 it has these things sticking off the cushion that the harness attaches too. I'm looking for a replacement for the memory foam because it is breaking down but when I look at pics for the replacement cushion, none of them have the wing looking things sticking off of them that the harness attaches too. Is that something else I need to buy or do they pop off so I can move them to the new one. I don't want to break them but they feel pretty well affixed to the plastic part of the cushion.

Those aren’t attached to the cushion just the small piece of plastic that the cushion attaches to. The cushion pulls off that part
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 01:55 PM)17WRX Wrote: On my Resmed F20 it has these things sticking off the cushion that the harness attaches too. I'm looking for a replacement for the memory foam because it is breaking down but when I look at pics for the replacement cushion, none of them have the wing looking things sticking off of them that the harness attaches too. Is that something else I need to buy or do they pop off so I can move them to the new one. I don't want to break them but they feel pretty well affixed to the plastic part of the cushion.

I think the piece you are referring to is the Frame assembly, which is separate from the mask and headgear.      But, you may be able to use the headgear and frame that you have and still change masks.

The airfit F20 mask (as opposed to the airtouch F20) does not have the memory foam and it fits in the same headset/frame.   You might want to give that one a shot.   

I had the Airtouch F20 (with foam) but it created a sore on the bridge of my nose so I changed to the airfit.  In my opinion (and I do seem to be in the minority on this) the Airfit is MUCH more comfortable than the air touch.    

Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the above answers are as I'm finding for my F20, I've used memory foam version AirTouch but didn't seal as good for me. Silicone AirFit and memory foam AirTouch use same frame and headgear. Just swap cushions to change it. The tabs are as mentioned part of the frame not the cushion.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 02:14 PM)Perkolater Wrote:

I think the piece you are referring to is the Frame assembly, which is separate from the mask and headgear.      But, you may be able to use the headgear and frame that you have and still change masks.

The airfit F20 mask (as opposed to the airtouch F20) does not have the memory foam and it fits in the same headset/frame.   You might want to give that one a shot.   

I had the Airtouch F20 (with foam) but it created a sore on the bridge of my nose so I changed to the airfit.  In my opinion (and I do seem to be in the minority on this) the Airfit is MUCH more comfortable than the air touch.    

Hope that helps.
The frame, that’s the word I couldn’t think of. The small piece of plastic is called the frame
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. When I posted that I had just woke up and was not thinking. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Where do you find the cheapest for replacement to the F20
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2019, 09:40 AM)RLMMG Wrote: Where do you find the cheapest for replacement to the F20

Amazon has been the cheapest place for me so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get mine from amazon as well, cheaper than most suppliers from my google searches. I know these supplies are still coming from CPAP suppliers but they seem to be lower than direct for some reason
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Very intermittent nasal cushion collapse BillfromMissouri2 4 383 12-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 1,984 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,046 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.