Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed F20 leak rate
Resmed F20 leak rate
What is everyone getting for a leak rake in L/min for the RESMED AirTouch F20
Post Reply Post Reply
F20 leak rate
RESMED AirTouch F20 what is everyone getting for a leak rate.
My mask is only leaking from the connection of headgear to the mask plate itself this is suppose to be a intentional leak but it is huge. 50 l/min .
Post Reply Post Reply
RESMED AirTouch F20 leak rate
RESMED AirTouch F20 what is everyone getting for a leak rate.

My mask is only leaking from the connection of headgear to the mask plate itself this is suppose to be a intentional leak but it is huge. 50 l/min .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED AirTouch F20 leak rate
When I'm wearing it is very loud from the amount of air escaping anyone have pics on how the seal to mask is suppose to look. The mask was assembled when i got it maybe it is missing something.
Post Reply Post Reply
Put you mask on try the mask fit feature. The only time i hear mine is if i have a leak.. Yes i dose have air coming out where hose is attached. Try taking it apart use a tooth brush and daw dish soap and clean it. See if that helps. Also post your data that would help too.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 seems to have internal air leak
(11-14-2017, 07:23 AM)tricountytrail Wrote: RESMED AirTouch F20 what is everyone getting for a leak rate.

The design leak rate of the Airtouch F-20 is 48 L/min at 16 cm pressure, so your leak rate may not be out of specification for the mask.  See the user's manual page 17 for further details. https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there a “best” CPAP delivery [between mask types??]
The leak rate specification is in the user's manual Page 17 https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...091_airfit- airtouch-f20_user-guide_amer_eng.pdf

Your machine does not report total leak rate, only unintentional, so you need to adjust that number down if you're looking at machine data or Sleepyhead.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there a “best” CPAP delivery [between mask types??]
Technical specifications
Pressure-flow curve The mask contains passive venting to protect
against rebreathing. As a result of manufacturing
variations, the vent flow rate may vary.
Pressure
(cm H2O)
Flow
(L/min)
3 19
8 32
10 37
12 41
16 48
20 54
24 60
28 66
30 69
32 72
36 77
40 82
Dead space
information
Physical dead space is the empty volume of the mask to the end
of the swivel. Using the large cushions it is 240 mL.
Therapy pressure 3 to 40 cm H2O
Resistance with
Anti Asphyxia Valve
(AAV) closed to
atmosphere
Drop in pressure measured (nominal)
at 50 L/min: 0.2 cm H2O
at 100 L/min: 0.6 cm H2O
Inspiratory and
expiratory
resistance with Anti
Asphyxia Valve
(AAV) open to
atmosphere
Inspiration at 50 L/min: 0.6 cm H2O
Expiration at 50 L/min: 0.7 cm H2O
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 seems to have internal air leak
(11-14-2017, 08:36 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 07:23 AM)tricountytrail Wrote: RESMED AirTouch F20 what is everyone getting for a leak rate.

The design leak rate of the Airtouch F-20 is 48 L/min at 16 cm pressure, so your leak rate may not be out of specification for the mask.  See the user's manual page 17 for further details. https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf

Thanks My Air reports it At 56 L/min AHI 6.7 and it is much louder than my nasal mask which when i use is much quiter leak 2-4 l/min and ahi under 2

Something is going on this is my first full mask
Post Reply Post Reply
tricountytrail Wrote:
RESMED AirTouch F20 what is everyone getting for a leak rate.

The design leak rate of the Airtouch F-20 is 48 L/min at 16 cm pressure, so your leak rate may not be out of specification for the mask. See the user's manual page 17 for further details. https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf

Thanks My Air reports it At 56 L/min AHI 6.7 and it is much louder than my nasal mask which when i use is much quiter leak 2-4 l/min and ahi under 2

Something is going on this is my first full mask
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 42 2 hours ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 37 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 58 8 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 50 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 53 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 141 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.