Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed F20 leak rate
RE: Resmed F20 leak rate
My leak rate for the Airtouch F20 was exactly as you are stating. I got colossal leaks, the most of any mask I tried, including the P10 with no attention to mouth drop! I abandoned the Airtouch F20 after 2 nights. It was never going to work.

You might find the Airfit F20 a better match for the contours of your face. I found this one a lot more comfortable, too. The seal against your face has a much larger surface area than the Airtouch.

I am now contented on my F10, which has a subtle difference in shape from the F20.

--------

When you have the mask on and air blowing, run your finger very lightly around the mask where it contacts your face. If you hear a hissing, farting, or gurgling, it's a mask leak. If your finger changes the sound at all, it's a mask leak. This can also help you ward off potential mask leaks.

A chronic place for leaks in my F20 trials was where the lower strap attaches to the mask plastic. Yes, the mask seal where the magnets are. It was very hard to get my finger in there and check. It hissed like heck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the ResMed F20 Airfit full face mask and last night was one of the quietest, comfortable and noiseless nights that I’ve had in a very long time! Even woke up with not a mark on my face from the mask! I love it so far!
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the AirTouch, and had occasional leaks - but they were big ones. I was going to try the AirTouch for a week, but didn't even last a full night with it. I switched to the AirFit F20 - and literally zero leaks. When the pressure turns on, I can feel the mask seal and it feels like it's hovering over my face. Last night I went to bed, woke up naturally after almost 8 hours - and had an AHI of 0.7. Don't notice the mask most nights, and some of the best sleep I've had in years.

Try the AirFit F20 (you only need to get a cushion, the AirTouch F20 and AirFit F20 are the same frame) and see if it works better for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried the Airtouch F20 two more nights on restless sleep. If I ask to switch to the Airfit F20 is it that much better. Or should I just stay with the mirage FX?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airfit F20 is a whole different experience. Really, all your need is to swap cushions. It has a massive inflatable silicon cushion. Thus, the impression of a hovercraft. It inflates into every dimple. I once took a nap with the mask headgear loose. It stayed right where I put it, no leaks! I wasn't so fortunate at night when I have a higher pressure, so I had to switch masks. The Airfit F20 was so comfy, I really wantedit to work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 47 5 hours ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 45 6 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 65 Yesterday, 06:28 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 52 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 57 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 142 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.