Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed F20 sore nose fix
Resmed F20 sore nose fix
I have been using a Resmed F20 with success. The one problem I had was a very sore and sometimes raw sore on my nose bridge. I have heard this from other users also. I determined that the problem was that the mask was sitting on my face too low. The top head strap is not adjustable. My temporary fix was to shorten the strap as per the picture. This allowed the mask to sit higher and it solved my sore nose problem. When I get around to it I will cut the head strap and add Velcro. Other users have done this also. I just recently started to use the latest mask with memory foam, very nice!

[attachment=3563]

I hope it helps someone, car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed F20 sore nose fix
I love this mask the best, but I also have little red marks on each side of my nose bridge area. Thanks for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you find the new memory foam mask in terms of leaving pressure marks on your face?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say that the foam leaves very little impression on my face and nose. I get impression from the head gear and wrapping padding around it has greatly helped.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
According to Commercial Link Removed.  Instead search Supplier #1.  
F20 has different size headgear available.   Comes with Standard size but can get small or large according to description.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the F20 mask and had the same problem of a large red mark on the top portion of the bridge of my nose every morning.  I solved that problem by buying a roll of plastic surgical tape at the grocery store and placing a small piece over the top bridge of my nose.  Lo and behold, problem solved. I use a piece of this tape every night and have never had any more trouble.  And best of all, it's a cheap fix.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2017, 08:38 AM)car54 Wrote: I have been using a Resmed F20 with success. The one problem I had was a very sore and sometimes raw sore on my nose bridge. I have heard this from other users also. I determined that the problem was that the mask was sitting on my face too low. The top head strap is not adjustable. My temporary fix was to shorten the strap as per the picture. This allowed the mask to sit higher and it solved my sore nose problem. When I get around to it I will cut the head strap and add Velcro. Other users have done this also. I just recently started to use the latest mask with memory foam, very nice!

I hope it helps someone, car54
Several years ago I had a terrible problem with a very red and raw nose bridge. It was so bad I thought I wouldn't be able to continue using my machine.

The solution (at least for me) was to soak the mask cushion in hot-ish mild soapy water for ten minutes every day and then soak/rinse it with just non-soapy.

It worked first time - and since then, the problem has never recurred no matter what mask I've used.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,972 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 423 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 646 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.