Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What settings should I start with? (Self titrating a Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto)
What settings should I start with? (Self titrating a Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto)
Hi all,

I've decided to get a Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto to help treat my OSA/UARS.

I have two questions...

1. Having never used a CPAP or Bipap before, what settings should I start with? (In case it's helpful... I have an AHI of 8.6 and RDI of 29, with little to no desaturations)

2. How do I calibrate the device after I start using it? I understand there is something called OSCAR that can help with this. Is there any type of documentation that explains how to systematically adjust the device, or do I just need to come back here and post my OSCAR results?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What settings should I start with? (Self titrating a Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto)
Oscar is software that is totally free on this site. Download at the top of this site. You also need a SD card in your Cpap machine. Whoever you purchase from can supply it and if not it is the same type used in many cameras. Buy at Best Buy or amazon etc. the nights sleep is then downloaded and posted here to get guidance from this group.

As far as settings. Is would use the auto setting min=6 max=20 (it will never get that high in auto but go as high as it needs to go). You need to learn how to set these. DownLoad the manual again fee at the top of the site. I

If you still have questions come back and ask.

Buying the machine _ Supplier #2 from the suppliers list at the top of the site has very good prices for both new and used. Don’t be afraid of a used one from supplier#2 they are VERY good machines with few hours. (I purchased one from then with less than 1 month use). And because they blow air they are not contaminated with COVID.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What settings should I start with? (Self titrating a Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto)
(10-17-2020, 02:06 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Oscar is software that is totally free on this site. Download at the top of this site. You also need a SD card in your Cpap machine. Whoever you purchase from can supply it and if not it is the same type used in many cameras. Buy at Best Buy or amazon etc. the nights sleep is then downloaded and posted here to get guidance from this group.

As far as settings. Is would use the auto setting min=6 max=20 (it will never get that high in auto but go as high as it needs to go).  You need to learn how to set these. DownLoad the manual again fee at the top of the site. I

If you still have questions come back and ask.

Buying the machine _  Supplier #2 from the suppliers list at the top of the site has very good prices for both new and used. Don’t be afraid of a used one from supplier#2 they are VERY good machines with few hours. (I purchased one from then with less than 1 month use). And because they blow air they are not contaminated with COVID.

So I can buy any SD card and use it? Or is there a certain brand/type you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2020, 01:47 PM)sleepy331 Wrote: I have two questions...

1. Having never used a CPAP or Bipap before, what settings should I start with? (In case it's helpful... I have an AHI of 8.6 and RDI of 29, with little to no desaturations)

2. How do I calibrate the device after I start using it? I understand there is something called OSCAR that can help with this. Is there any type of documentation that explains how to systematically adjust the device, or do I just need to come back here and post my OSCAR results?

In order:
  1. mode = VAuto, min EPAP = 6, PS = 4 and see how you do, post some charts here after a few nights
  2. for UARS, the most important setting is PS, since that's what addresses the flow limitations that can lead to RERAs. While machine data (for example, the FL graph, or the flow waveform itself) can provide objective information that suggests whether you might raise the PS, you have to rely more on subjective feel to assess. But we also need to see how you do with possible central apneas that can show up at higher PS.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD card from 2gb to 32gb. Can’t use larger one
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with slowwriter's advice for the VAuto settings.  It's a good starting point.  

Download the OSCAR software.  Be sure you have the SD card in the VAuto while sleeping.

Also, order the Clinicians manual for the machine here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Post your data here in this thread, after reviewing this link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any brand, any size sd card 2-32GB not bigger, 4 GB holds years so you don't need big

Come back here for changes until you learn what to do. There are many here that are willing to teach. When you are comfortable with why what and when of changes do them on your own. Until then let us back you up on that
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,500 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.