Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Face Mask problem.
Resmed Face Mask problem.
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have mild sleep apnea, and I gave up on my Resmed Airsense 10 with my Airfit F20 mask. It is collecting dust. I tried different Resmed face mask, and since I am a mouth breather, the full face mask was my best option. The only issue I have is that I tend to move around in bed when I sleep, and the mask gets loose, and then the pressure starts to diminish and sends the machine a signal to ramp up the pressure. Many times it wakes me when the pressure builds up too much and blows so much air my lungs start to hurt . I tried to tighten the face mask, but it is uncomfortable, and can't sleep if I tighten it too much. I have to use the doctor's settings. I may want to go back to using it because I am using a mouth appliance right now, but it hurts my teeth. Can anyone recommend a full face mask that I can use that does not get loose while sleeping?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Face Mask problem.
Yes! Try the ResMed AirFit F30. I started out using an AirFit F20 and was quite happy. That was, until they came out with the F30. 

I'm a side sleeper and a mouth breather. The F30 is so much better for that. I can pretty much bury my face in my pillow and the F30 stays put. 

It only comes in two sizes. Small and medium. I use the medium.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2020, 11:54 AM)joe7323 Wrote: Can anyone recommend a full face mask that I can use that does not get loose while sleeping?

Hi Joe,
I am a side-sleeper and mouth breather, so I need a FFM.  I have had very good experience with the Fisher&Paykel Simplus.  I have also tried the F&P Vitera, its successor.  Both seem to do well for me.  I do use Remzzz mask liners with both.  Supplier #26 (see black bar above) has a very liberal return policy, which helps for testing different masks.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a side sleeper and occasional mouth breather . I was using the Philips Respironics Amara View with good success and I really liked it . However , when ResMed came out with the Airfit F30 I tried it out and have been using it ever since . It is my favorite mask and I have no problem with leaks when I toss and turn .
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had success with the F20. Side sleeping and transitions to back sleep is not an issue. I do not have to keep it adjusted too tight. BTW who told you that you can't adjust your own PAP? If you're in the US, you most certainly can adjust it. Almost every PAP user needs to know how and why about adjusting. As is, most doctors set a PAP at wide open default and pat themself on the back for coming up with great therapy settings. Congrats on 4-20 default settings or whatever yours is set at? No that's Dopey Duck the doc. Despicable!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a side sleeper and occasional mouth breather . I used the Philips Respironics Amara View for several years and really liked it and I had good success with it . However , when ResMed came out with the AirFit F30 I tried it out and have been using it ever since . It is my favorite mask and I have very little leaks with it . The AirFit F30 is what works for me .
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for your response to my question.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can now say I've used the F&P Simplus Medium. Very good and likely better than my F20 AirFit silicone. More comfort and less leaks. So there are choices.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Joe.

I have heard a lot of good from the F&P camp, but I have no personal experience with them.

I found the ResMed F30 and liked it so much, I wrote a comprehensive review with many tips.

My F30 Review

[url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Product-Review-ResMed-AirFit-F30-A-Comprehensive-Review-and-Helpful-Tips][/url]I hope you find it helpful if you should choose to give it a try.  I'm dead square in between sizes on the F20, so I can use it, but I always seem to have various problems.  Not so with the F30.  But... with everybody's mug being unique, it always seems to be a quest to find the best fit.  It's a very personal journey and hopefully not too expensive to find your best fit for your face and for your sleep habits.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,335 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.