Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Files
Resmed Files
Is there any information on what each of the RESMED files contains and their format?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Files
Not really. You can't read any of it except through their software or SleepyHead.

Looking at my last save on my laptop, the files are in .edf and .crc extensions. Each day has 6 files, 3 of each extension. (at least on mine)

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2013, 09:16 AM)stanlori Wrote: Is there any information on what each of the RESMED files contains and their format?

I haven't looked, but perhaps there might be some info on ResMed file formats on the SleepyHead open source web pages (http://sourceforge.net)?

Good luck,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2013, 05:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Not really. You can't read any of it except through their software or SleepyHead.

Looking at my last save on my laptop, the files are in .edf and .crc extensions. Each day has 6 files, 3 of each extension. (at least on mine)

Sorry Paula but I have to disagree. After searching I am beginning to find people who have decoded the files. looks like they are in EDF.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, cool. Interesting that they are decode-able. Not sure why you would want to but go for it. Let us know what you find.

And yes, like I said, they are in .edf and .crc, 3 each for each day with my Autoset.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes and there are also .tgt and .log files
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the information. I have attached a PDF file for those that are curious about the RESMED S9 devices and how they store the information.Smile

Attached Files
.pdf   S9 Data Formats.pdf (Size: 265.1 KB / Downloads: 2,204)
Post Reply Post Reply
Geek data... cool. Thanks for sharing this, stanlori.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that's cool!

Could you please PM me the link to where you found the original? Looks like on SH's Sourceforge site? I'd like to bookmark it to share later if anyone else needs it.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
The Link is:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...nformation

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Members-Only FILES SuperSleeper 13 400 02-16-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Treatment] Bobby J's Sleep Files Bobby J 3 490 03-16-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Bobby J
  John's Sleep Files, Need Help To Good Sleep. fstbiker 6 942 03-14-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: fstbiker
  Android writes files to SD Card melbell 4 819 05-22-2022, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transferring Historical Patient Files between 2 machines Ecneralc 1 1,150 09-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Admin Note] SECRET FILES - You'll have to join Apnea Board to see them! SuperSleeper 1 15,644 05-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Transferring to new Hard Drive - Sleepyhead data files Mosquitobait 3 1,624 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.