Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed - Finding out if your machine is new
RE: Resmed - Finding out if your machine is new
They don't bench run them. If it has some hours on it, it's because it was used.

Both my machine from the DME and the one I bought from someone who chose not to use theirs had zero hours. The Resmed guy said they only reset hours if both the board and the blower are replaced. BOTH.

The problem with taking something as new when it has 100 hours on it is that you know some patient used it and you have no idea if it was dropped to the floor. I would insist on another machine or a discount.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had no idea that getting a used machine was even a viable possibility. Is this a common practice in the industry? 

When I went to pick-up mine, everything appeared to be new. I had no idea that I should be suspicious and ask for proof that it was new.   Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2018, 04:36 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I had no idea that getting a used machine was even a viable possibility. Is this a common practice in the industry? 

When I went to pick-up mine, everything appeared to be new. I had no idea that I should be suspicious and ask for proof that it was new.   Dont-know

IMO when you deal with the DME, more or less always be a bit suspicious. Not saying there's none you can trust, but some are more trustworthy than others. Besides, being cautious never hurts either.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2018, 09:01 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 04:36 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I had no idea that getting a used machine was even a viable possibility. Is this a common practice in the industry? 

IMO when you deal with the DME, more or less always be a bit suspicious. Not saying there's none you can trust, but some are more trustworthy than others. Besides, being cautious never hurts either.

I've never dealt with a DME directly, up until now. It's a local business, only about 3 miles or so from where we live. Didn't even know they were there until they called me to tell me to come in and pick up my CPAP machine. 

I live in a relatively small community, and word travels pretty fast when a business does wrong by their customers. Not saying that it doesn't happen here, but when it does, word gets out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2018, 09:35 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 09:01 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

I've never dealt with a DME directly, up until now. It's a local business, only about 3 miles or so from where we live. Didn't even know they were there until they called me to tell me to come in and pick up my CPAP machine. 

I live in a relatively small community, and word travels pretty fast when a business does wrong by their customers. Not saying that it doesn't happen here, but when it does, word gets out.

FWIW Big Guy, that small close-knit community atmosphere will IMO be a great safety net to you when dealing with your DME. Hope I'm right.

a cupa joe to your therapy success, now and later...

Coffee

PS I love small community life as well, cities and I don't mix well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2018, 09:48 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 09:35 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 09:01 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: IMO when you deal with the DME, more or less always be a bit suspicious. Not saying there's none you can trust, but some are more trustworthy than others. Besides, being cautious never hurts either.

FWIW Big Guy, that small close-knit community atmosphere will IMO be a great safety net to you when dealing with your DME. Hope I'm right.

a cupa joe to your therapy success, now and later...

Coffee

PS I love small community life as well, cities and I don't mix well

Thanks for the words of encouragement. So far.......so good!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 267 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 569 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 592 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,146 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Unique finding? Looking for recommendations and any expertise. gold3n 5 662 11-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.