Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed - Finding out if your machine is new
Resmed - Finding out if your machine is new
Hi guys,

There's an option to reset the total hours used. I had to replace my VAuto and I must make sure the new machine, another VAuto is new, as I'm paying out of my own pockets I cant afford to have a used or refurbished device.

Anyway I can tell if the machine been reset? 

Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed - Finding out if your machine is new
(11-17-2018, 03:45 AM)crowtor Wrote: Hi guys,

There's an option to reset the total hours used. I had to replace my VAuto and I must make sure the new machine, another VAuto is new, as I'm paying out of my own pockets I cant afford to have a used or refurbished device.

Anyway I can tell if the machine been reset? 

Many thanks!

You would want to check the Run Hours by holding the dial knob and home button for 3 secobds to reach the clinical menu and then go to settings then click the about tab and check run hours. The usage hours can be reset but not the run time hours (unless they have special equipmentent to that)
Post Reply Post Reply
You likely know how to access the clinical mode. View Run hours, that is the real value of how much use the machine had ran. It is a value that cannot be reset.

To get there on my ResMed: After accessing Clinical Mode> Settings > (at very bottom) About > Item 2 is Run Hrs
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks alot guys. Its got 3h on it, I guess I can call that new, unless they refurbished the blower Rolleyes

On a side note I also checked my other machines. My Autoset 10 had over 2000h more than it was supposed to have and I bought it as new. If I only knew at the time!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think my one had three hours on it.
The hospital said it was brand new from ResMed. It was spotless and had a new smell. If it had been cleaned to look new they made a good job of it.
However, it had the new plastic smell and everything was still in bags and the hospital cut the seal on the box when I was there, so I would be surprised if it had been used other than a test run. But you never know!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2018, 06:14 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I think my one had three hours on it.
The hospital said it was brand new from ResMed.  It was spotless and had a new smell.  If it had been cleaned to look new they made a good job of it.
However, it had the new plastic smell and everything was still in bags and the hospital cut the seal on the box when I was there, so I would be surprised if it had been used other than a test run.  But you never know!

IMO that's acceptable. I equate that to a new car purchase that the odometer has 5 miles on it. True 0 is nice, but overall still not bad.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if the devices, once assembled, are bench-run for up to three hours as part of the QA process.  If something is amiss, and the device is run for three hours, it stands a good chance of being revealed in that time.  A bad bearing, bad solder, poor connection, bad motherboard, or other defect will show in time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure they are tested at the factory, but that's off the meter. The meter in a new machine as seen by the customer should say zero. What often happens is that a machine is tested briefly by the DME, and that shows up on the meter. What also happens sometimes is that a patient tries a new (hours=0) machine for a night or two and returns it to the DME, and it's eventually given to another patient. That happened to me (hours=16 or thereabouts, and the carrying case had someone's luggage tag on it) with an A10, which I accepted ... it was a low enough number as far as I was concerned.

One that you buy from a non-DME source, like an online retailer, should always say zero if it's claimed to be new.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought two new machines one from Resmed and one from a retailer in the us both had 0 run hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
My replacement ASV from the DME had 0 on the hour meter Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 267 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 569 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 591 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,143 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Unique finding? Looking for recommendations and any expertise. gold3n 5 661 11-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.