Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed H5i S9 how to dismantle case - power supply error
Resmed H5i S9 how to dismantle case - power supply error

I have a Resmed H5i S9 CPAP which shows an error message :- check power supply is plugged in.  As I am a competent technician I have checked the power supply and found it has 24V Ok, also removing the humidifier block and checking the pins I find it has 24V and 20.9V to the attachment.

After reading other posts regarding Resmed CPAPS, which indicate that the company will not cooperate with parts and repairs, I want to look at checking and replacing any generic parts affecting the power supply in the device. I would like to find out how to dismantle the main device case without damaging the plastic case. There is on screw in the bottom and the push button cap can be removed however I would like information on how to dismantle the case and any notes on testing the main board if any other users have completed this on this or similar models. As we are retired it is an expensive item to replace without attempting a repair.

Regards
Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed H5i S9 how to dismantle case - power supply error
(03-23-2022, 07:52 PM)kermit43 Wrote: I have a Resmed H5i S9 CPAP which shows an error message :- check power supply is plugged in.  As I am a competent technician I have checked the power supply and found it has 24V Ok, also removing the humidifier block and checking the pins I find it has 24V and 20.9V to the attachment.

After reading other posts regarding Resmed CPAPS, which indicate that the company will not cooperate with parts and repairs, I want to look at checking and replacing any generic parts affecting the power supply in the device. I would like to find out how to dismantle the main device case without damaging the plastic case. There is on screw in the bottom and the push button cap can be removed however I would like information on how to dismantle the case and any notes on testing the main board if any other users have completed this on this or similar models. As we are retired it is an expensive item to replace without attempting a repair.

Regards
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Does it have +3.3V on the sense pin as well ?

What is your email address, as i cannot attach the Full S9 Tear Down Word Doc here.

I have attached a video link which will give you a good idea on how to open it up, but this is not the way I opened it, I was a lot more careful, using plastic tools to unclip the clips & not force it open.

http://biotoxinjourney.com/wp-content/up...y%2025.mp4

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your quick response.

email: kermit_bris@yahoo.com.au

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
vk3hjq

I am assuming you are referring to the smaller pin of the 3 pins on the power supply plug in. Measured voltage at
+3.2V

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Sent

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
yes thats the one.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed H5i S9 power supply error
Hello

I have successfully dismantled the outside case and removed the mother board.

Checking the voltages to the mother board I still have 24V and 3.2V showing on the circuit board where the power supply socket wires attach to the mother board and to the socket which goes to the dehumidifier. Still showing alarm to check the 90 W power supply is correctly plugged. Re-soldered connections around this area but they looked ok anyway.

Any suggestions?

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
The board fault appeared to be something wrong with the voltage sensing as the power supply voltages were correct. As there is no available circuits on the web and with miniature components without any designation and plated through holes its a bit hard to trace the circuits and find a possible zener or other component used for voltage sensing. However I managed to purchase a second hand board from USA and have installed it with all appearing to work OK. I therefore have a board which could be repaired is someone has the necessary technical capability or circuit information.

Thanks to John vk3hjq for your help and assistance it is much appreciated

Jeff from Australia
Post Reply Post Reply
John/ Apnea experts

Resmed s9 Autoset CPAP issue

following the install of the replacement main board we have been using the cpap machine. however I have noticed that the humidifier does not seem to be heating the water tank as when I have turned the cpap on and use it then turn it off and feel the bottom of the metal tank it is still cold. Unfortunately I did not observe this prior to changing the board.

I have the humidifier air heating cord with air connection plug (orange) plugged in but I have noticed when I switch on the humidifier shows a blue light and I get a message 3 sec to heat up, then when I switch to use the humidifier light turns to red color and stays that way. There does not seem to be able to access any machine alarm or fault report. I have downloaded the OSCA and the ResMed Rescan software but it does not show any machine data/ error information. The voltages to the humidifier are correct from the main unit.

Any suggestions

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jeff,

I just read this now, I have no idea, I would buy a new machine.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 188 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 335 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 185 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,421 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 326 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.