Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed H5i humidifier adjustment
Resmed H5i humidifier adjustment
Is there a way of turning off the heat on a ResMed H5i humidifier?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed H5i humidifier adjustment
Hi jfmusil - welcome to the forum
You can detach the humidifier and connect the hose directly to the S9 so you,re not using the humidifier. or you can keep the humidifier attached to the S9 and turn off the humidity and fill the tank with water (passover) so you get some moisture but no heat...
From the home screen - turn the push dial until the humidity level screen is displayed in blue.
Press the push dial - the selection is highlighted in orange.
Turn the push dial until the humidity level that you require is displayed.
Press the push dial to confirm your choice (off)
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jfmusil, Welcome! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
With the regular or slimline tubing, I believe that temperature of the humidified water goes up with the different humdidity settings. I have my setting on 0.5 during these more humid warm summer nights. Or as Zonk suggested, just turn off the humidity settings but leave water in the tank. You will still get some passover humidity.

If you want more humidity but lower temperatures, you would need to get the Climateline tubing. Once you connect that to the system, it gives you new options of controlling the humidity and temperature settings separately.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I have been setting it for zero but noticed the heating pan still goes on and is maintaining a certain temperature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, mine does sometimes as well. If you have the climate line hose, there are two settings. One for the hose and another for the humidifier.

I had planned on taking mine off but discovered I enjoy the passover mode (no heat, just water).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 305 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 220 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Comfortable adjustment with Evora FFM Columbiabill 3 430 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.