Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed H5i humidifier rubber seal / grommet problem.
Resmed H5i humidifier rubber seal / grommet problem.
The rubber seal / grommet which is inside the inlet tube on the right hand side of my H5i humidifier has come out and I am having trouble reseating it. I suspect that it needs to be glued in somehow. Does anyone have any experience with this grommet at all? I'm not sure how to include a photo in this thread but it is the rubber piece which seals the outlet from the S9 to the inlet on the humidifier.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what.
(Professor Sir Arthur Eddington, astrophysicist)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed H5i humidifier rubber seal / grommet problem.
I suspect that you just need a new seal/grommet. I do not believe that they are glued in but that is just my guess.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that. It doesn't seem to stay in there on its own.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just checked on my S9, there is some kind of split washer on the outside of H5i air outlet
Edit: probably, this is not what you're asking about
Anyway, I'm going for my afternoon nap and things might be clearer after short sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
No, it's not the clear plastic outlet on the humidifier. Its inside the incoming tube. I considered superglue but thought this might be too permanent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just had a look at mine - it seems to be glued in pretty solid and I wouldn't be surprised if it was superglue or something similar. Is there any residue on either the grommet or the seat? That might give you a clue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings swaziman,

If it were my Resmed APAP I don't think I would try Superglue or any other glue on it due to
  1. the smell
  2. not knowing if it Should be glued in
  3. not knowing what the materials are and if the glue or bonding agent would dissolve the materials

Have you contacted Resmed?

I am very curious how this turns out!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input. When the grommet came out there was no residue. I tried a water based glue but that didn't work. I need a good clear adhesive just short of superglue I think. I know superglue does affect surfaces when it does its thing. The reason it came out is because the opening was a very tight fit fot the male side and it was getting squashed. I checked another humidifier and found that the opening was wider. I'm not sure if it stretches over time. Anyway I'll keep thinking about it. It's not one I use, just a spare. I haven't contacted Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,257 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,399 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 701 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 305 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 302 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 331 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.