Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Inlet Filters
Resmed Inlet Filters
There has been a lot of discussion about CPAP inlet filters. I wanted to bring up some facts about the Resmed filters. I am not familiar with the P-R inlet filters.

In the manual for the S9 VPAP machines it states that the standard inlet filter has an 88% efficiency at a particle size of 7 microns.

The hypoallergenic filters have an efficiency of 89.8% at a particle size of 0.5 microns and a bacterial efficiency of 99.54%. This makes me think that one is not breathing all of the environmental airborne bacteria and viruses from the room.

"The hypoallergenic filter looks the same as the standard filter." The major difference between the hypoallergenic filter material and the standard is that the hypoallergenic material is electrostatic so it may look the same.

The above data relates only to the authentic Resmed filters and not necessarily to the aftermarket stuff.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Inlet Filters
7 microns is a boulder!

How big is a virus?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The hypoallergenic filter goes down to 0.5 microns.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I am pretty sure the regular plain filters are just to keep dirt off the inside of the machine.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 388 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 2 600 11-16-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: cLoo
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,416 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 806 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
  DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's StratCat48 2 504 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [Equipment] AirSense 10 Water Chamber INLET Seal lcfield 5 2,170 03-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: lcfield
Question [Equipment] Who sells ResMed's AirSense 10 HypoAllergenic filters most cheaply, for Canada? StackExchange 1 522 12-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.